DAW/Sequencer comparison chart

Rozovian had the idea of making a big comparison chart not only showing features within one program, but amongst many, this would mainly be to help cut down on beginners asking us the same question about all of them every day. I'm not sure if this will go anywhere, but I think it might be worth the effort overall. We'd need to decide what criteria they'd be compared on, which programs to compare, and how we'd incorporate different versions. We'd also need people with experience from each program to let us know if it can deliver on certain criteria or not. Post your thoughts here.

It just burnt my eyes out, but it's a decent chart, it would be nice if it went into detail about which features every program had in terms of very specific areas (automation, audio clips, effects, mixing setup, etc.).

• 1 month later...
This thread is very useful! I'm wondering a bit about the DAW_chart file though, are the sequencers that are listed as "compatible with XP" compatible with both the "regular" editions and 64-bit one(s)?

I'm upgrading my computer and haven't thought about that issue until now.

I know that at least some of them are XP 64-bit compatible, but I think the chart only refers to XP 32-bit. The DAW companies' websites ought to give specific compatibility info.