@ Zircon, DiscoDan, Rayza, Darkesword, Sephire, Star Salzman, and Dale North

Taran

I'd like to start off by saying that I'm an avid listener. I've been coming to this website for probably close to 4 years now, ever since I happened to stumble on Dale North's remix of Rena's theme from Star Ocean 2. It was happily hosted by a stranger on Kazaa, and I can remember vividly how amazed I was at how beautiful it sounded. There was a small memo in the file that linked this site, and upon visiting, I was, for lack of a better word, speechless.

Years later, and hundreds of downloads later, a few artists in particular have always caught my eye; namely those listed in the thread's title. Guys, from the bottom of my heart, I'd like to thank you for doing what you do. The work you all do is nothing short of breathtaking. To date, no other remixers on this site have given me such enthusiasm when I see their names posted on a "work in progress" or newly finished remix. I've throughly enjoyed (and I'm sure thoroughly overplayed) what I consider to be your finest works. From zircon's takes on "Shadows Among the Ruins", "Clash at the Mountains", and his newest collaboration to the Mega Man II soundtrack (Nuclear Flash), to Rayza's gorgeous rendition of the Top Gear 2 title theme, and the ever jaw-dropping "Triforce Majeure" remix done by Mr. Disco Dan himself, to say I've immersed myself into these remixes would be an understatement. To name a few more, Darkesword's "Torvus Clockwork" remains to date my favorite Metroid remix ever, Sephire's "Above the Rising Falls" pays the highest tribute to the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack I've ever heard, and Star Salzman's "Pillar of Salt" is one of the finest (if not THE finest) mixture of music and lyrics I've ever listened to on this site. Everything about these particular remixes remains a testament to the level of perfection that can and should be accomplished in the medium of video game music. Each and every one of you has done a superb job in putting the remix community firmly on the map and showing music lovers everywhere that there truly is a definitive level of art in what you do. If I could write up a better compliment, I would.

Although that compliment should be geared towards a far greater number of remixers that frequent this site with their work, I've always admired your work the most. You are masters of your creativity, your instruments, and your craft. As an avid musician and listener of movie score titans such as Hans Zimmer, John Williams, James Horner, and the up and coming Steve Jablonsky, I'd like to let each of you know that, despite the simple truth that you remix another artist's work, in my eyes, each of you has a special God given talent in making these pieces your own, and I compare your enthusiasm for what you do to the names listed above. I truly do.. You can hear the passion in what you do with each note, each chord change, and each flare of the orchestra. I am deeply and truly honored to have even the opportunity to listen to such greatness, and I wish each and every one of you the brightest future that any man or woman could ever hope for. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for doing what you do.

Sincerely,

Nathan Jones