OCR00966 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Lullaby Proximitus'

djpretzel

Title: Zelda 64 Lullaby Proximitus

Original Song: The Zelda 64 (OOT) 'Lullaby' theme

Remixer: Wintermute

Hello OC ReMix! Here's my latest: It's a fairly short piece, but I felt the song was complete and didn't want to ruin it by repeating anything too many times, and I felt it had enough variety and intensity to keep everybody interested. I sure am happy with it, anyway. It depicts my new 'style' of electronica/piano/orchestral (though there isn't anything much orchestral in this song) music. Thanks very much for considering it for this great website!

Get it here:

Edit by Orky - Fixed the URL

Intro starts off with deep reverberated piano and weak percussion, but leads to a tight drumline followed up by hardcore synths and a booming bass. Not a tremendous display of arrangement; however, the original is only 46 seconds long and this adrenaline injected mix manages to stay catchy and memorable throughout, especially when the piano drops out to make way for the kickin' drums. The crackly distorted synth panned to the left from 1:36 onwards is unnerving, and the ending is sort of a let down, although it fits this kind of trigger-finger melodic shootout. Overall, I like what was done with the Lullaby theme: an enjoyable blend of piano and electronica.

YES

interesting take on the original. While I'm not against this kind of chord progression remapping as it's creative and different, but apt, this particular mix is giving me the "wha? huh?" feeling. That and the clipping botherered me. Not to mention the sudden ending and short feel. I dunno. The whole feel of it bugs me beyond belief, but I feel that's too subjective to base a vote on, so I'll use the fact that it's really short and the ending is just way too abrupt to give you a:

NO

D

I like the intro a lot, but at 0:36 when the beat comes in and the left hand piano dissapears, it sounds very thin. Try keeping the left hand going. Ouch, 0:52 is painful, but cool. Clipping in the left channel in the section starting at 1:36. why did you limit this so hard? loud is good but clippage and thumpage is bad. I like the piano parts. I like the sample & hold noise that comes in around 2:00. I though it was going to get cool after that, but then it ends. Unsatisfying at best.

no

Whoa. The part around 0:25 kinda reminded me of "Right Now" by Van Halen. The bass that comes in 0:52 is only a centimeter away from some really disturbing distortion.

At first I was gonna say no, but the drums DID help to save this. It's not that it's a bad arrangement. It's just that it just seemed kinda...average. The main beef I have is the "I'm gonna give up on the rest" fadeout. The length was on par, but it's how you brought it about. Yet and still, I find this mix right on the borderline. But I'll let the reviewers bitch about all the negative stuff.

Breakin' the tie. Post it. Yes.