OCR00979 - *YES* Super Metroid 'Mellow Dramatic Metroid Medley'

djpretzel

I submitted this file 2 months ago,

I was going to give up you guys, bug I figure it was Christmas and it makes sense how my submission would make sense.

Anyways, this was posted in "works in progress" and I got some very good reviews. Some went along the lines 'drool....'.. 'kickass'.... and 'i almost crapped my pants'... anyways.. I'm touting my own horn by saying this, and I no longer care for mix mainly because I did this on my old sound blaster 16 with cheap wires and pops can be heard from time to time. But hey, I'm not rich and it's the best I can put out.

Shit, this makes that Dreams in Red mix look like David Hasselhoff. This is some really good stuff. Ok, well it's not THAT great, but it's pretty good. Ok, actually, those sound effects are annoying as hell, and the spliced sections of other music don't really seem to fit ... what the hell... 1:43. There's this thing called transition. But shit, you did the lower norfair theme pretty damn well, which is a change, because NO one has done the lower norfair theme well. EVER. Those who try, usually flub. Even the great virt.

So...

YES

D

i'd like to give this a yes just so i can close the thread but, gee, i really think this should be sent back for a resubmit.

musically, this is lacking variation on the original themes, the melodies are the same, progressions are the same, and the structure is the same. the only thing different are the drums, for which the sequencing is not impressive. and the weak transitions were already discussed.

mixwise, I the balancing needs work, some instruments are jarringly loud (repulsive fake guitar at 1:04, for example) while others are buried. the delay is a bit overused, things sound sorta cluttered. annoying soundeffects already discussed.

lower norfair was good though. please resubmit.

no

edit: oh whoops, this already has enough yes votes. cottmm didn't close the thread after he posted so i thought it was still undecided. nevermind then...