Landstalker 'Song for Princess Loria'

nzjeff

Hey guys,

How'sit? New user here! Now, I am wondering whether this would be 'accepted' as an arrangement. It is a piano transcritpion of the piece that Ludwig plays for the Duke and (I was about to call him Alundra) the protaganist, and following his piece he gets thrown in the dungeon for professing his love through this piece of music for the princess (i think). Sorry, I've kinda forgotten the details.

But I remade it a while ago because I loved it so much, and I thought that a piano version would bring new life to it. It's a simple transcription with some musicality, reverb and of course using a real piano instead.

Here is what i've got, I don't know if it qualifies as a remix for the site but nevertheless I would like to share it with whoever may have memories of this sweet litte tune as well. There are a few 'musicality' details that I want to fix and some distortion errors, but haven't got around to it as of yet. Anyway, enjoy, and it's nice to be a part of this community.

http://www.supload.com/music/Nzjeff-Song-For-Princess-Loria-ringtone-download-FANAN8SFLYPN.html

Thanks all,

nzjeff

Very nice. Great to see this game get some love. I never played it that much personally, but some of my friends did and the bits I've seen were great.

This piece is very brief, but it's gorgeous and fine as it is. I don't think the briefness should be a problem for qualifying for OCR. The extreme similarity with the original is probably a problem in that regard, though. Since it's so brief, one idea would be to play it thourgh like it is now once, and then do a second round with generous amounts of variation thrown in. In any case, it sounds great!

--Eino

I'm glad you liked it Eino! Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I thought that perhaps that may be an issue but that's fine, as I said I thought it would be nice to share this version with Landstalker fans (if they're out there) for some kind of nostalgic value :)

You're absolutely right - I never even thought of extending it but perhaps I may at some stage do so, and see what I can come up with.

Well, it _is_ pretty. The technical bits are really nice It coud use a little processing, a little bit of EQ/multiband compression to keep the really soft sections for souning so low on treble, something. Tho that'll probably only be a problem to people listening to this on headphones. Dunno if a piano track needs to be normalized, but you could raise the volume a little.

If you want to it OCR, there needs to be a significant amount of interpretation in the remix. This can be anything, like new backing, new rhythm, new genre, chord changes, key changes, time sig changes... Or just embellishments. Playing it instead of sequencing it is gonna win the track a point, tho I don't think that's gonna translate into 3 YESes unless the track has some rearrangement, restructuring, repurposing another theme to fit in... something.

Since you can play, play this for a while, just play, you know the notes, so just play it, different versions, different mood, rhythm, stuff like that, see if you happen to play something you like. Then use that when you play and record the final version.

Don't know source, is not a judge, so can't comment on how much new stuff you'll need, but added embellishments and bits of original content laced with the original would probably be more favorable than a completely original section with little connection to the source.

So, good luck.

Yeah, I'll think on it. I have a couple of ideas in my head but we'll see how they go and i'll just post up some updates of what I have on this message board.

Thanks those guys who took the time to comment :) i do enjoy the music of the whole game so who knows, I might do one another piece from Landstalker at a later stage :D

:)

nzjeff