OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

Bahamut

as for panic i think it is an ok map except that the first two maps are useless (problem with the gameplay element of plr_). and yes it really does clear out the server especially late at night where it'll pretty much mean the death of the server until the next day.

panic would be better suited if map3 was the only phase of the map. it's very interesting but of course it is not obvious to everyone that there are two ways to win, not one.

I coUld do namecalling here, But Everyone probabLy knows.

I just got it and now I can't stop laughing. That being said, even if teams are stacked good class balance can more than make up for unbalanced teams. I have to agree with Miyako that class balance plays more into consistent wins and losses than the addition of certain people.

Mind you this logic only applies in a 12 vs. 12 scenario.

I coUld do namecalling here, But Everyone probabLy knows.

I just got it and now I can't stop laughing. That being said, even if teams are stacked good class balance can more than make up for unbalanced teams. I have to agree with Miyako that class balance plays more into consistent wins and losses than the addition of certain people.

Mind you this logic only applies in a 12 vs. 12 scenario.

Not sure why, but files.ocrtf2.com is down at the moment. I've switched things so that the game servers will (temporarily) serve files directly from the server.

I thought that all TF2 servers went down last night due to scheduled Steam maintenance.

I thought that all TF2 servers went down last night due to scheduled Steam maintenance.

That's the server we serve maps from for custom maps if you don't have them already.

Oh, and it's back up now and I switched the configuration back (just before plr_panic_b2 last night, so... just in time)

Someone refresh my memory: What's the community opinion on ctf_vector? I seem to recall generalized hate, but I can't be sure.

Reason I ask is because the maker has a standard CP version too, which may get a more favorable response. Link.

Tricks on you, we already have both the updated ctf and cp versions on the server.

Having said that, I only played ctf_vector once, and I hated it. I also decided that I hated that game mode, as it reintroduces a bunch of problems that cp and payload fixed.

I always love a new 5CP maps. I don't think the OCR server currently has any 5CP customs. Follower is another good one if you enjoy Granary and Badlands.

follower is really good but being that ocr plays granary and badlands theres no real need for it

obscure has a mid thats vaguely similar to badlands but its incredibly different in most other respects and i really think you guys should try it

its been incredibly popular in etf2l

and vector is about as good at a/d ctf is gonna get

the incredibly old version that people on ocr have played has some serious problems but v1 is pretty solid all around

Tricks on you, we already have both the updated ctf and cp versions on the server.

Having said that, I only played ctf_vector once, and I hated it. I also decided that I hated that game mode, as it reintroduces a bunch of problems that cp and payload fixed.

I had no idea we had cp_vector on the server. Remind me to nominate it next time we RTV.

I enjoyed CP_Vector last night. It worked well and had a nice feel to it. It also seemed to work better than CTF_Vector.

Obviously it would play similar to Dustbowl but it is nice to have a different look with some different strategies.

Well, now you can!

The points on it capture a bit more quickly than one expects, although that may have been because we only had 8-10 players.

Considering how often a Dustbowl point can be all but captured before RED comes in and wipes us off and we can't get it together for another coordinated push, this is probably a good thing. <.<

While we are on the subject of customs, what do you guys think of PL_Swiftwater? It used to be called PL_Swift but has since changed names. It is an alpine themed map with open spaces similar to Badwater. It is a bit less hectic than Goldrush because it makes use of some larger spaces.

While we are on the subject of customs, what do you guys think of PL_Swiftwater? It used to be called PL_Swift but has since changed names. It is an alpine themed map with open spaces similar to Badwater. It is a bit less hectic than Goldrush because it makes use of some larger spaces.

We tried swiftwater a while back over the summer and I didn't enjoy it too much.

Just a heads up: I disabled tf_teamtalk on our non-scrim configurations as it's causing dead players to have double-messages to their teammates.

It's still on in the scrim configuration, as DeadChat is automagically disabled during scrims. Or at least will be now that it's no longer needed.

While uncompressing a new addons directory (with a different name so I can swap them over later), 7zip just totally screwed up and dumped a 7zip with a directory structure as if it were flat instead of hierarchical.

If the server crashes, I probably deleted something I shouldn't have during the cleanup process.

I'll run Steam again with the verify-all option when I'm done to replace any missing files.

Edit: I used a standalone copy of the TF2 server to determine which files and directories to keep, with a few additions because the other server hasn't been used ever.