OCR TF2: New Server forthcoming - new server IPs and other stuff

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Fortress 2 has been updated. This update fixes a crash during startup for Linux dedicated servers.

Luckily, our servers weren't affected by this problem (the hlds_linux list got a LOT of traffic with people bitching about servers crashing on startup).

I'm still not sure why the client needed to be updated for this... Probably due to the version number changing.

Edit: Servers are now updated and back online.

Spawn camping is an issue on any map, but this one you at least have a window to see what's going on outside. You also can take cover in the house located directly across from your spawn.

its especially an issue if getting to the spawn takes next to no effort and if you go behind the spawn doors they cant see you at all

two people can lock down an entire team

Probably because it's a community weapon. Assuming it's not a shoop. Which it might not be, since he wrote the TF2 items page. But why would it appear as him finding it? IDK.

It's not a shop. I was on when he got it (and immediately commented on it in voice chat, although I called it "Community The Rocket Launcher" instead of "Community Rocket Launcher."

Also, community weapons have green names. You can see them on the tf2items site that way.

As a reserve slot holder typing !votescramble will instantly start one. I was neither the only admin nor the only reserve slot holder in that game.

I didn't even know reserve slot holders could force a scramble vote. I doubt I'm the only one who was unaware either.

Or hit comma 7.

Earlier today:

1 Medic (me)

2 Pyros

1 Heavy (Frogg)

2 Scouts

2 Snipers

1 Spy

If Frogg wasn't on our team, I would have changed classes in a heartbeat. Sometimes Medic just isn't worth the trouble.

(EDIT: Not to put down the Pyros and Frogg, it's just that having 2/3 of your team being unsuited for Medic buddy duty makes one question the point of going Medic in the first place.)

Earlier today:

1 Medic (me)

2 Pyros

1 Heavy (Frogg)

2 Scouts

2 Snipers

1 Spy

If Frogg wasn't on our team, I would have changed classes in a heartbeat. Sometimes Medic just isn't worth the trouble.

(EDIT: Not to put down the Pyros and Frogg, it's just that having 2/3 of your team being unsuited for Medic buddy duty makes one question the point of going Medic in the first place.)

Mmm, reminds me of the other day when we had 7 (SEVEN) Snipers on one team.

Earlier today:

1 Medic (me)

2 Pyros

1 Heavy (Frogg)

2 Scouts

2 Snipers

1 Spy

haha are you saying pyros are actually useful medic targets