Tetris 'Pasodoble Tetris'

Mr.Pleno

Good stuff first? No way.

Production isn't far above midi-quality, you need better samples, as well as learn how to process them.

The writing gets repetitive after a while, and could use more source content (tho I only remember tetris A and am too lazy to look up the other one).

It lacks progression, it just loops aimlessly. You could add tempo changes, all kinds of bells a whistles to get it into the right... feel.

It needs more passion, more fire, moar beef. Instrumentation, pacing, velocities, that stuff could significantly improved an already successful adaptation to a very underrepresented genre.

There you have it. Production is lame. Creative stuff covers the area from decent to impressive. Check the guides on OCR for some info on how to improve the processing, but see if google or anything else can lead you to decent samples for this. Might be that you could tweak the stuff you've got into something passable, but for a really awesome paso doble track, you need samples that are more than just passable.

Summed up: production meh, adaptation awesome, needs progression and better samples. Has pwnsome potential.

For 'variations', I think you should concentrate on the main theme. The percussion/bass is a tad repetitive, but you can work on that later--if the main theme sounds repetitive, then that's a bigger problem.

I think it does have a lot of potential and is heading in a good direction. There are some parts (like before 0:23) where it does sound like you're remixing, but there are still others (like immediately after 0:23) where it just sounds like a straight rip from the original. And unfortunately it sounds like it toggles back and forth between an ok remix and a straight cover--that's where you could introduce some more variety.

I think other folks might be able to give you better advice regarding production quality and that sort of thing (it does sound MIDI quality still, but you may want to work on arrangement first before moving onto fixing that up). But as a general idea, I think you may be trying too hard to make the genre fit the theme, rather than reworking the theme to fit the genre. Hope that helps, and good luck! KF

I'm having trouble hearing your ideas through this midi filter. It's like playing Earthworm Jim 2 on the Genesis. I can tell you're heart's in the right place, but the low quality audio is in the spotlight. If you can get some higher-quality samples, that would be a drastic improvement already.

This may sound a little harsh, but believe me when I say that you can make this good.

• 3 weeks later...

It takes half a minute until I hear the source. Production is also pretty simplistic. I think paso doble would suit a lot of source tunes, but you'll need to process the tracks way better. I enjoy these tracks, but I wasnt to hear something mroe complete and well produced.

Start by finding better samples, and work with the EQ. Read zircon's compendium. Paso doble would be awesome if it were on the same sound quality level as accepted remixes and professional music.