*NO* One Must Fall 2097 'CyberNetic Cage' *FT*

Antonio Pizza

Hey Antonio, it's been like -- two months since I submitted my Mix from One Must Fall, and I'm not too sure if it's still on track in the judge panel queue (sp?).

Can you check it out for me? Thanks in advance.

Info:

ReMix: "One Must Fall: CyberNetic Cage OC ReMix"

Author/Handle: Nemesis

Game ReMixed: "One Must Fall: 2097"

Theme ReMixed: "Power Plant Theme"

Link to ReMix:

The rest should be in the ID tags. If anything is missing or wrong, please let me know.

Thank you for your time,

- Section Nemesis.

OMF2097, that was a great game. i'd like to see more remixes of old PC games. seems like only consoles get love 'round here.

anyways, this remix has terribly dry sounds, balance that leaves to be desired, and there's a bit of clipping. the arrangement and interpretation of the theme is a step in the right direction but it needs to be developed more.

by the way, the OMF suondtrack is here. I think it's Arena2.

no

It really is quite dry. and there is quite a bit of clipping. like....lots.

i like the section around :50 seconds, but its quick, and still dry.

i think the song could use a background soft pad as well.

there are really no dynamics. some sections shift the lead to another instrument, but the original lead doesnt come down.

I think the arrangement is great, but there are technical and dynamic issues. id like to see this resubmitted with reverb/delay added, clipping fixed, and dynamics tinkered with in a big way.

NO

This has a really good arrangement, don't change any notes! This just needs some work as far as mixing and mastering is concerned. Some parts, like the arpeggio at the end for example, should have been lower in volume, with some reverb added. A lot of the sounds here need some reverb and more subtle placement in the mix.

In addition, the mix needs a slight overall compression to stop it clipping. Then I would definitely give this a yes, it's a good mix.

But NO for now.

Cons:

The intro sounds pretty poor. The use of effects dont work very well here.

Theres some messy sections at 1:10 and 1:45.

This song repeats a LOT.

The drums are kind of lax.

The effects could have been used with more discression.

Instrument choice could have been better.

Weak ending.

Pros:

I really like the arranging.

Its moving.

Better use of drums could have occured. This mix is basically one step below acceptable. Work on sound quality, percussion, and use of effects.

NO