Legend of the Mystical Ninja 'Gourmet Castle B'

Grayburg

This doesn't sound like any breakbeat I ever heard... :| This is cool anyways, though a little too similar to the original in terms of composition. Also it seems as though it just goes through the themes a couple of times, with not much buildup, no real intro, not much of an outro. Maybe you could throw in a quick solo arpeggio that leads to the first chord. You could experiment with the piece a bit and try to make it more "yours".

Oh, and I'm a fan of the Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon soundtrack, so I hope this becomes OCR-worthy. :grin: You are planning to develop the track more, right?

No source link, no source comment.

Drums are smack in the center. Everything else has good stereo width, but the drums don't sound like they fit in because of that. Soundswise, you only have to carve some room for the isntruments with the EQ. The snare is obscuring a lot of the instruments, and tehre's a lot of competition for some of the higher mids going on.

The arrangement is pretty good, tho I can't comment on interpretation much. I think this works. It's a little repetitive at times, but changing it up for the sake of making it less repetitive would just make those differences sound awkward.

I think it works. it's fairly enjoyable, but you'll need to work on the EQing and the drum stereo width. Note that I know nothing about the source and therefor can't comment on it. Good stuff, tho.

Great start. I pretty agree with everything said so far. I'm a huge fan of this game, and soundtrack, so i really hope you finish this.

You might have already planned on it, but it needs an intro. Some of your ideas are pretty cool, but you need to expand on the source a little. A solo somewhere might be sweet. It's also a little repetitive, change up some of the repetitive parts and build off of what you have. Can't comment on production at the moment because I'm listening through my bad speakers.