*WITHDRAWN* Xenogears 'Heartfelt Recollections'

Antonio Pizza

HELLO AGAIN

it's that time again! that's right! another submission from Suzumebachi! (here's the part where the judges break down and start crying "OH NO NOT AGAIN!!")

anyways, this one is from Xenogears (yes, more squaresoft... specifically... more Mitsuda... MY HERO!). It is like an 80's love ballad type deal arrangement of "June Mermaid". Most of the guitar work (except the palm muted rhythm) is improvised, and I took a sort of liberal approach to the arrangement. Most of the chord structure and progression has been reworked to fit in with the original melody and the improvised guitar.

you can find it here:

sorry about the all small letters. when i uploaded it, it lost all the formatting, etc.

have a nice day :)

- Ty "Suzumebachi" Guenley

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! RUUUUUN!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

this is a very nice mix. it has a definately unique feel, and it's well done.

very respectable guitar synths.

some issues i have:

the lead guitar is questionable ...some of the rythms are the slightest bit off. i also think that bends were used too liberally, and it sounds like you were faking your way through the part.

i dont like the groove change at 2:30

i do like the transition at 3:15.

DAMNIT! i loved how this was ending until it ended. the transition worked so well and then i was loving the vamp you had going on, but it ended too quickly and too abruptly (two separate problems).

there are things i'd definately change, but it IS a good mix, so it gets a

YES

nice mix,

Unfortunately,

Suzu had 2 fall throughs already.

The agreement amongst the judges in discussion was that no more than 2 fall throughs would be allowed per mixer. Otherwise, this 'feature' of ocremix could be exploited by those wanting to 'cut in line' so to speak.

Heres one

http://remix.overclocked.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8826&highlight=ultima

Heres another

http://remix.overclocked.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16008

As we are getting to the queue quite heavily as the summer starts, it shouldn't be too long until this song is reviewed.

Until next time:

NO