Sonic the Hedgehog 'Blood Red Marble' (Marble Zone)

TheGuitarHero

Im starting a remake project, or cover album, of sonic 1. so I was messing around the other day with prominy lpc and a marble zone midi file. I realized that marble zone has a pretty good potential to being a metal remix. the only changes to the song is a very improvised metal drum track, the chorus sounding part uses two guitars (a left and a right), and I made the chorus sound a little more "solo like".

remember that I made this in about 10 min. so it is nowhere near complete. also it may not be complete for a while since I am working on that remake/cover album

xrlp

let me know if you guys think this mix has potential!

Conceptually, it sounds promising. Hard to miss the source here, and it sounds ok in metal. The sound quality here isn't far from midi, tho.

Conceptually, yeah it's got potential. Technically, it can't sound like this. As for writing, the main part of it sounded poorly matched with that drum writing, the second part sounded good, and could be awesome with real guitar.

The concept is a good one.

I know it's only the beginning, but I don't think playing verbatim like that is a good idea. Of course, turning any song into any other genre is possible, and Marble Zone to Heavy Metal is not a stretch at all, but the judges will basically say that "there is no arrangement to speak of" if you leave it as a straight up guitar version of the melody like it is now. I thought the ending part sounded particularly cool in this style though. ^_^

yeah this was just completely thrown together. I know that the beginning needs some changes, and I know that the tune would not go with a metal track. the main part I was focusing on was the ending. all I wanted to know is if it would be possible for this song to be a metal track.

thanks for the comments! Ill post an update when I have the time to make one :<