Street Fighter 2 'Ken Stage'

WillRock

Ok ,this is the ken stage theme from street fighter 2 that I have arranged. Ok, I am aware of some of the problems in this version (leveling issues, and out of tune guitar at end bad fades etc) I will sort out this issues asap. This is definately rough at the moment, but I will make it better as time goes on ;)

Anyway, please give feedback on anything you can think of. Thanks!

jmfk

And for people who haven't heard the sorce (anyone?)

Yep, source is there. And well interpreted, imo. No further comments on that.

Rhythm in the intro is hard to grasp. Better mixing could help, but cleaning up the drum writing would probably be better.

First lead sounds a little unprocessed compared to the other instruments that are almost drowning in effects. Second lead is better, but it could be louder. Third lead is great. You could have a fill or something at 1:47, to emphasize the melody staccato. It'd also serve to vary the drums more, and considering the main section that follows it'd be good to break it up a little.

2:32 break down needs some work, especially on the lead as it fades too soon at 2:36. As for the ending, it'd be awesome if it'd start fading a little sooner, and if you'd throw in a piano or some other clean solo instrument to put on top of the fading stuff. Not to tell you how to remix, but I think it'd be less of a fadeout-copout. Also, it's funny. :D

I'm not liking this as much as your previous stuff, maybe it's the muddy mix, maybe the source, maybe the aggressive writing and mixing, idunno. Still, it's good. GOOD.

As usual.

The drums don't have the punch they should to stand out, it makes the track sound a bit muddy. You can fix that by EQing up their punch frequencies. Also, one of your rides has a really weird panning effect, like volume is panned one way and the channel delay is panned the other.

The track is also kind'a quiet, you should probably use a multiband compressor to have control over each frequency band. That could help with the mud, too. Also, you should check each instrument, see if it creates any unnecessary low frequencies that you can EQ away.

The rest of the track is fine imo, but the ending is... Well, slow. You should fade it faster, either sooner and overlaying some non-fading part, or later. You may have to shorten some part of the ending to get the pacing better, it just feels like it's fading for too long, starts too early.

It's getting better. A drum fix and a volume fix should improve it significantly, and fixing the rest of my few crits would improve it further. Great stuff.

Ok, I have made numerous changes - First, I have EQ'd the drums and changed the drum writing in the intro slightly, I have also re-recorded the rhythm guitars at the intro, generally turned them down, and removed the pad from the faster sections to sort out the muddy sound problem, gradually bringing them up in the mix before the breakdowns, so the change flows as the track progresses. I have brought up lower freqencies in the bass, and let it take care of the lower end, and have brought up the mid frequencies in the guitars to make them sound warmer (I changed the frequencies in slightly different places in for each guitar. Also added gates to the guitars to try and get rid of the fuzz.

Finally, I have attempted to master it, and peaked it, so it sounds alot louder than the previous edit.

Anyway, here is the current version. Enjoy.

jmfk