Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'The Azure Lake'

WillRock

Hm... this is an interesting one for me.

I decided to go for a more laid back approach with this one. It worked I think.

interestingly enough, I always accused my friend of sounding like 'tom petty slowed down' as a joke. well this sounds like - ok scratch that - COMPLETELY ripped off his song learning to fly with this (unintentional).

So basically this is the azure lake theme crossed with tom petty.

Well, have a listen and give me your thoughts. Thanks guys.

http://boomp3.com/listen/c0t39x9dj_8/the-azure-lake

Here is the source tune -

And here is the song learning to fly (lol)

It's a very laid-back remix, quite nice but... I dunno, I still envision Azure Lake to be a trance or techno song, instead of the multitude of chilldown remixes I've heard of it. Isthere any chance I can pitch you in that direction? ^_^

Afraid not, simply because that was not the inspiration behind the remix. If you want a good techno remix of it, then look at rayza's goove basin, on the project chaos album.

Prom band sound. Or my idea of what that'd be.

The foreground guitar(s) is too loud and way too distorted to fit with the rest of the sound. It's hard to hear any of the backing tracks when that's playing. Stereo soundscape is a little limited. Old stuff?

Source is there. Style is different. I think it's in the green, as far as source/interpretation is concerned.

Not a favourite Willrock piece of mine, but it's still enjoyable. Certainly will be when it's fixed up.

btw, I was gonna comment on your Ken stage remix, but then tindeck went down.

Prom band sound. Or my idea of what that'd be.

The foreground guitar(s) is too loud and way too distorted to fit with the rest of the sound. It's hard to hear any of the backing tracks when that's playing. Stereo soundscape is a little limited. Old stuff?

btw, I was gonna comment on your Ken stage remix, but then tindeck went down.

I think the guitars are at a decent level with the rest of the mix, (excluding the end harmonies, i'll fix that though)

you have a point about the distortion though, only I'm hesitant to change it at the moment, as it would mean re-recording the whole guitar part :s (the distortion wasn''t put in after I recorded it)

well, i'll see and figure it out. Its a little to processed as well, I need to take out the some reverb.

As for the rest, It sounds good, I like it (well I would I made it)

But I need to sort out some bugs first

As for kens stage, I will update it soon, it needs alot of work, possibly re-recording the intro twin lead guitars and I might change the whole instrumentation - the instrumentation at the moment isn't meshing together well.

I know the problems now, its just figuring out solutions.

Yeah, and whats up with tindeck? its seems to work for some people but not for others (you and me included) maybe it isn't working in different sections of the world at the moment?