Metal Gear Solid 2 'Big Beat'

Okay, so this is more a personal project for a bud of mine's listening pleasure, but it's turning out pretty sweet and I figured you might/might not enjoy. It's MGS2...again...

ANYWAY!

I've picked up some voxengo plugs which are pretty dang awesome and I wanted to do the ultimate test with them...a Pendulum/Crystal Method inspired drum track!

My friend requested this particular theme, and MGS always could use some more love, ya?

(And yes, it's loud, compressed, unfinished, inspired by the noise war, and pretty much a slap in the face to decency.

But I like it. :-P)

So: comments, suggestions, maybe some hate? Hopefully I'll have more done later...until then!

link:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=6938989

No source link, let's go with memory instead.

Hooray... soundclick.

Takes a while before it's out of basslessland. not too long, frtunately, but there are high-range things (like at 0:17) that are just annoyingly high.

When it goes into dnb, it becomes so much more enjoyable. Much less that i can nitpick about ('cept your description of it).

Not much else I can say. Good (short) stuff.

Another MSG2 remix and it just HAPPENS to be this song. Again. Is it the only good one the composer made for the game or something? The only Kirby song I like is Gormet Race and I don't see ANY remixes of that!

Good stuff, man. But, yeah, it's short.

I played around with the equalizer in my audio player and found that I liked the song more when I increased the mid-range frequencies.