Viva Kirkhope: OC ReMix Interviews Grant Kirkhope

djpretzel

¡Viva Kirkhope! - OverClocked ReMix Interviews Composer Grant Kirkhope

By: David Lloyd, dlloyd@ocremix.org

"Just trying to get a job as a composer is the hardest of all. I always tell people to make sure they are good sound designers as well. Despite the fact I'm known for being a composer, I have always done sound design on the games I've worked on. I like having the variety.
"

- Grant Kirkhope, OC ReMix Interview

October 4, 2008

Fairfax, VA -- OverClocked ReMix today published its third video game composer interview, this time focusing on ex-Rare composer Grant Kirkhope. Known primarily for his work on the Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Viva Pinata scores, Kirkhope recently left Rare - and the United Kingdom - to join THQ's Big Huge Games studio in Timonium, Maryland.

The interview is available online at http://www.ocremix.org/info/Composer_Interview:_Grant_Kirkhope.

Conducted by site staff, OC ReMix interviews cover major aspects of a composer's career, featuring targeted questions unique to each subject, as well a standard list of questions that specifically delve into a musician's formative years, creative inspirations, and views on the current state of the game music industry. This unique format presents both a contemporary look at a composer's recent activities as well as more comprehensive questions about the nature of video game music composition.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation, preservation, and interpretation of video game music. Its primary focus is www.ocremix.org, a website featuring hundreds of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

Links