Princess Peach, the Shopkeeper

RemixedT

I don't understand what you mean by "it sounds like you're meeting the shopkeeper".

The closest coherent statement I can come to that is that it sounds like music that would be playing in a shop, but it most certainly does not sound like that.

And what the hell was that ending?

oh dear...this sounds like my first remix ever. Okay let's break this down...

The track needs backing chords and a rhythm (such as drums or repetitive support melodies). It also lacks direction, and it can't really even be considered a track - just a very small segment of one.

I'd be lying if I tried to sugar coat this dude, but sorry this isn't good at all.

What I can suggest for you is to actually open up a midi and LOOK at how the different instruments fit together, then make some original works that impliment them.

So essentially: you need to understand (if you don't already)

-chords/harmony

-rhythm/percussion

-bass (but can be optional at times IMO)

-progression

BUT at least you have melodies down...er somewhat.

It's gonna take you a looong time to get to the level of most other composers here; hell, I'm still learning too - many of us are. So don't let that put you down, unlike me, when I was starting out. So, good luck in your future compositions =)

Solo trumpet staccato notes... only. Plus the occasional additional trumpet voice or drums. Heh, while interesting, it's not gonna qualify as pretty much anything besides an interesting experiment.

There are some shop elements to this, but it's certainly not something I'd expect to hear in a shop in a game (or a real-life shop for that matter). HoboKa listed some things that would be good to utilize in your next works. I wish you luck.