Sign in to follow this  
breravin

'play now' feature gone?

Hey Guys,

I'm sure this has been covered in an announcement somewhere, but I can't find it, so I figured it was quicker to ask.

Not too long ago we were able to listen to a song directly from the site - there was a single song (edit) last.fm playlist on the right side of the page and you could just click 'play' and listen to the song. It was great when I had a hankering for a specific song and needed a quick fix - but wasn't at a location where downloading was practical (say, work or something).

Has this been removed? Or am I just not looking in the right place anymore.

Thanks!

I'm fairly sure that that was never a software on the site.

Unless you were talking about the last.fm player which can be found on the write-up page for the mix.

edit - wait, huh, you're right, it is gone icon_think.gif

Last.fm ceased that feature not too long ago, so that effectively kills all the streaming ReMix previews we had. We'll have to figure something else out.

Sorry, guys, this one was out of our hands.

Well, there's a lot of free flash players one can use for their website. However I think the boon with last.fm was that it came from last.fm's server and not OCR's... So bandwidth is a big thing to consider :P