Judges and Professionalism

Actually, you caught me. I read the first two pages. If there is anything important in the rest of the thread, feel free to quote it at me. I'm sure it won't be any of your contributions. Your most recent post is insulting, lacking in professionalism, and demonstrates pretty lousy command of the English language. Not to mention that creating this thread in the first place was immature. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

He give the mix a "no" initially. Everything that followed, including the comment to Vig, was influenced to a degree by BGC's desire (inherent to all people) for someone to agree with him. This is an important distinction. It's not as though he influenced the other judges who rejected the remix.

That said I think i sufficiently proved he was lobbying to get the track to receive a NO vote and you aren't up to the task to proving me wrong on this sorry.

You haven't established anything. Oh wait, I haven't read the entire thread, but I can still claim this reliably because you don't have the necessary knowledge to make that claim.

it can very easily be construed that he respects vig and lost respect for those voting yes as if they dont know what they are doing. Oh wait he used a smiley face never mind >_>

There's an easy way to show how ridiculous this claim is:

Judges, feel free to speak up if you believe that BGC thinks less of you because you've voted differently than he has. On one remix.

Whether thats fair or not, is not the point. There really should be no place for comments like that in my mind and I am rather uncompromising on this point.

"In your mind?" So this entire thread was based off of some nobody's dogmatic, illogical view of reality. You believe that you can post this gigantic dramafest thread and convince anyone that a respected member of this site is up to foul play. He has been a member here for years and is on pretty good terms with everyone. He's met a bunch of the other members, including me. So when I said he was even-keeled and wouldn't unfairly try to stop a remix from being posted, I wasn't making that judgment from insufficient information (can you say the same?). He'd have absolutely no motive for doing that and no one saw it that way but you. There's an important aspect to communication that you're not getting because you don't understand the group dynamics of the judges' panel.

Yet you insist that your interpretation of the motives behind this harmless judges' verdict is the correct one. I'm sorry, but the real world doesn't work that way. In the real world, things are very different. You just need to look around you.

EDIT: Oh hey, amazingly enough, the rest of the thread was more of the same stuff. That kind of justifies my skipping it. You feel me?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

much better *applauds* if you have any qualms about how I insulted you, you only have yourself to blame. Personally I thought it was rather tame considering your original post.

Btw you shouldn't be ripping anyone else on their English. Mine is far superior to yours.

He give the mix a "no" initially.
But hey lets not play this game... you are obviously not qualified to judge.
much better *applauds* if you have any qualms about how I insulted you, you only have yourself to blame. Personally I thought it was rather tame considering your original post.

Btw you shouldn't be ripping anyone else on their English. Mine is far superior to yours.

But hey lets not play this game... you are obviously not qualified to judge.

Yeah, you know, like:

BGC come down from jdgfgt mountain. He scream and hit chest with great fury. The earth tremble. He give mix a "no." He leave, and people can come out of house again.

Basically all the same shit we've been discussing in this thread.

perhaps you shouldnt take my word for it then

When I said that he had a vested interest in seeing it not passed thats exactly how I interpreted his posts. He seemed to be posting repeatedly to bias other judges towards his point of view and thus not get it passed. Personally I was assuming that he was doing it to prove himself right however that was an assumption on my part and one which I believe even still to be right.

Of course a judge will have a vested interest in not getting a song he believes shouldn't pass not passed. We do it all the time, if not publically. We don't judge in little boxes and then read what everyone else said after the fact. We're a panel of judges. We discuss, argue, disagree, and try to convince.

That said I think i sufficiently proved he was lobbying to get the track to receive a NO vote and you aren't up to the task to proving me wrong on this sorry.
He was, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Idealistically and unrealistically speaking the judges should be listening to this track and voting on its own merits based on what THEY thought rather than what another judge felt.
No, idealistically and realistically we judge a track on its own merits and faults and also take into account what our fellow judges say about it.
Sure of course there is going to be some influencing involved, but thats a very very fine line. When it gets to the point of a judge campaigning for or against a track its crossed it.
Sorry, but no.
When you say things like it can very easily be construed that he respects vig and lost respect for those voting yes as if they dont know what they are doing. Oh wait he used a smiley face never mind >_>
If you construe that from what he said, you're an idiot. Plain and simple. :roll:

Oh sorry, was that unprofessional? :whatevaa:

Whether thats fair or not, is not the point. There really should be no place for comments like that in my mind and I am rather uncompromising on this point.
Grow some thicker skin and don't cry on other peoples' behalf.
Thank you for playing come again soon!
Lurk more.