bLiNd & Leifo aka Vega Projekt is on OurStage.com!

Jenz Drake

Hey OCR! By now you should know who I am... I am here to announce that Vega Projekt is on OurStage.com and I'm asking for support by starting a thread to spread the news. If no one knows who they are, they were on Ferry Corsten's Countdown last year for the track "The First Day." Members are Jordan Aguirre aka bLiNd & Randy Oxley aka Leifo. They made a track together on the Final Fantasy VII: Voices of the Lifesteam album project called "Fading Entity". They are going to submit into a new label since Ferry Corsten's deal fell through. Ferry's been very busy and never replied back. They are attempting this again, but they can't do it without their lovely fans. :razz: Soon they will have a myspace page too and I'll give you more details about that later.

Anyway, here is their link: http://www.ourstage.com/fanclub/vegaprojekt and they will be updating that soon too. Please go listen and cast your vote now! =) Thanks so much for reading!

well its about time!!! i couldve sworn i told bLiNd about ourstage. well yeah uh anyways i shall be supporting the both of them they make some hot ass trance together now all theyre missing is a album i would SO buy it!

Thanks Jewbei! =) bLiNd has talked about OurStage for a while, but now that I got the ring on my finger, I make sure I always tell him, "GET OUT OF HERE, WORK ON YOUR MUSIC" hahaha

Sweet, Fan'd and Friend'ed. Just an FYI, though. There really isn't much to "vote" for yet until the end of the month. Odds are WAY against coming across Blind's track in a random Club/Dance battle. :)

I wouldn't worry though; with his skills he'll be up in the rankings in no time. :)

I'm still new to Our Stage. =P I played around with the site for an hour at work (yes, I was playing and not working hehe) and figured you can't vote yet. And thanks for your support! I heard a lot of stuff on that site and there's a lot of crap. haha

I'm still new to Our Stage. =P I played around with the site for an hour at work (yes, I was playing and not working hehe) and figured you can't vote yet. And thanks for your support! I heard a lot of stuff on that site and there's a lot of crap. haha

Well, you "can" vote; it's just that with 428 current entries in Club/Dance, coming across Blind's track once after even 100 battles would be quite a feat.

The trick is entering a track in new genres; last month the German category had 21 songs in it. That means every track in that genre made it to the quarters except one. :D

Trance fans who haven't been listeners of my DJ sets should grab them. Vega Projekt has been featured on a set before and I hope to put more of them on there (exclusives of course). If you guys hit a record deal for "The First Day" you MIGHT have to pull it from OurStage, just a warning. Those trance labels can be kind of strict.

OceanLab's "Sirens of the Sea" is pretty good, but I think their new "Breaking Ties" is much better. :)

Well, you "can" vote; it's just that with 428 current entries in Club/Dance, coming across Blind's track once after even 100 battles would be quite a feat.

The trick is entering a track in new genres; last month the German category had 21 songs in it. That means every track in that genre made it to the quarters except one. :D

Yeah... I figured that out on my own yesterday... I wish you could just vote on your own instead of going through everyone else's.

If you guys hit a record deal for "The First Day" you MIGHT have to pull it from OurStage, just a warning. Those trance labels can be kind of strict.

Ha, hell yeah they are. Which is why I would like to stay indie, but I don't think I'm cut out for all the extra hard work that comes along with being independent so a music label may have to do.

Anywho, sweet track guys! I'm digging the atmosphere, the overall feel, and production is top-notch. I've had issues with supporting artists on this site before, but what the hell if the music is good, than you've got my vote. :)

Trance fans who haven't been listeners of my DJ sets should grab them. Vega Projekt has been featured on a set before and I hope to put more of them on there (exclusives of course). If you guys hit a record deal for "The First Day" you MIGHT have to pull it from OurStage, just a warning. Those trance labels can be kind of strict.

OceanLab's "Sirens of the Sea" is pretty good, but I think their new "Breaking Ties" is much better. :)

oh ive have mostly all of your DJ set's Jade put me on about your site. is there anyway i can get featured on future sets? hmmm Breaking Ties eh? i must check that out.

Yeah... I figured that out on my own yesterday... I wish you could just vote on your own instead of going through everyone else's.

Well, while it'd be nice to do that for the earlier stages, I do like how it's set up for random one-on-one song battles. It's the best way of preventing the competition from becoming just a popularity contest (I mean, even for some of the recent ones I judged, I might very well have ended up favoring other songs over the OCRers that brought me there in the first place; no telling).

On that note, (general question here) what do you really do to get a song noticed before quarters? Especially in some of the more popular genres? KF

On that note, (general question here) what do you really do to get a song noticed before quarters? Especially in some of the more popular genres? KF

Very little. I'd never ask anyone to go through that many battles just to come across myself once or twice. You just submit and hope for the the best songs to rise to the top. I think it's a tribute to the quality of musicians here at OCR that we consistently have many tracks make quarters.

Audix said a while back: "Odds are WAY against coming across Blind's track in a random Club/Dance battle. :)"

The funny part about that is...that's exactly how I came across the track. I didn't know at the time that bLiNd and Leifo were collectively known as the Vega Projekt, but I was blown away by the track when I discovered it while judging some club/dance. Then, once I heard some 'bLiNd-ish' pads as the mix progressed, I started to suspect it....absolutely amazing.

Either way, I'm really excited for this month's competition. Hopefully, we can get Visions (you), Me Semper Maneas (SGX), The First Day (Vega Projekt), Antiviral (me, H.R), Breathing You In (zircon), and Arigato (Jewbei) all into the finals in Club/Dance! I think we already have 3 of these tracks in the top 20...so, best of luck to all!

• 2 weeks later...