Free and Legal video game music

Daz

Hello! I'm new to the community and all that. Big fan of OC remix for a long time now.

As a fan of video game music, I thought I'd ask for links to free and legal video game music that anyone knows of, as well as sharing those that I know of.

In no particular order:

Sacred

The Longest Journey

The Tomb Raider Series

Lucas Arts games (Secret of MI, MI 2, CoMI, EfMI, Sam and Max hit the road, Day of the tentacle, The Dig, Outlaws, Grim Fandango, Loom, Zak McKraken)

Cave story

La Mulana

Universe at War

Fallout

Falout 2

If the site is a fansite, the I tried to make sure the original creators didn't have any problems with the content being there. The official tomb raider site links to the site the music is on, so I'm pretty sure they aren't going to care. Lucas arts asked that site to take down the Star Wars game soundtracks, so I presume they are okay with the others being there and so forth and so on. In most cases I tend to only go for full soundtracks. I should probably start getting individual tracks that game companies sometimes host, though...

I really hope there isn't already a thread for this that I've missed and that it's in the right place (and that I'm not breaking any rules or anything).

Thanks for those links! I also remembered that rf-online had its soundtrack on its site from when I thought about playing it, but it's dead now, so I guess I wont be getting that one.

edit: Wow. that Sierra one has a LOT more than I thought it did at first glance!

Hello! I'm new to the community and all that. Big fan of OC remix for a long time now.

As a fan of video game music, I thought I'd ask for links to free and legal video game music that anyone knows of, as well as sharing those that I know of.

In no particular order:

Sacred

The Longest Journey

The Tomb Raider Series

Lucas Arts games (Secret of MI, MI 2, CoMI, EfMI, Sam and Max hit the road, Day of the tentacle, The Dig, Outlaws, Grim Fandango, Loom, Zak McKraken)

Cave story

La Mulana

Universe at War

Fallout

Falout 2

If the site is a fansite, the I tried to make sure the original creators didn't have any problems with the content being there. The official tomb raider site links to the site the music is on, so I'm pretty sure they aren't going to care. Lucas arts asked that site to take down the Star Wars game soundtracks, so I presume they are okay with the others being there and so forth and so on. In most cases I tend to only go for full soundtracks. I should probably start getting individual tracks that game companies sometimes host, though...

I really hope there isn't already a thread for this that I've missed and that it's in the right place (and that I'm not breaking any rules or anything).

d...diego?

An fangame called Hurrican, which is based off of the Turrican games, has an soundtrack available for download.

http://www.poke53280.de/download/download.php?id=16

Anyways, there is a slight flaw with the La-Mulana link, in that hyperlinks that lead to the music section asks newcomers whether or not to accept downloading the webpage that displays the files. Since this may alarm some people, here is a different link that leads to the main page, from which people can navigate to the music page.

http://my.opera.com/White%20Knell/blog/

There is a freeware platforming game that goes by the name of Iji that has a free and complete MP3 soundtrack available for download through the website below.

http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php