VG Frequency: U Love VGM

Liontamer

Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larry bring back VGF as OCR's podcast?

• Yes
    • [b][size=7]YES[/size][/b]
    • Larry's merely part of the establishment now (i.e. yes)
    • Yes, as this promotes affirmative action

Well. Good news. I should have an MP3 up for download of the show late tomorow morning (its not quite midnight here yet). Bad news. My mom came in and interupted me and the stream just happened to kill at this time and I missed 2 and a half minutes at the end of the show, so I have the song fading out early and fadeing in on talking about how you should be in bed.

Yes I will still release show 1 once I finish it up.

Dammit! No .ram support here. Anybody mirroring an mp3 stream? Where the hell is kyle!?

Sooner or later, you have to give in. :)https://webdrive.service.emory.edu/users/loji/realalt104.exe

Liontamer is getting the hook up from gamer babes!!!11!!1!one!!1 (drunk ones at that)

this has got to be one of the funniest things ever... she is so fucking smashed :)

Ha! I have no idea who those first ladies were, though altogether I talked to three of them (Jessica, Johanna & Mallory). One of them, I forget who, wanted to know my age. Once I said 21 and she found out I was legal, she made sure to blatantly indicate that she was an 18-year-old freshman in a um..."enticing" tone. They were all pretty drunk/horny, and I do have to agree that them being drunk made 'em sound ditzy. :-) Nevertheless, if they're genuine female gamers, we'll hang out eventually. Might as well see if they're complete wierdos. If they became show regulars and look good, I could use 'em as my "Frequency Fly Girls" a la the SuperRadioX babes.

OMG PAIGE STFU!! If she sees this. Jk. I mean...yeah

The chat room felt she overstayed her welcome. :lol: She wondered why everyone in there wanted her to bounce, but I pointed out that she wasn't drunk, horny or talking about video games. Those were some key differences!

i think i'll make a habit of calling in. congradulations.

Thanks for j00r suppr0t, Vig! Oh yeah, if anyone wants to call into the show, please feel free to do it and make an ass out of yourself. Thanks to KyleJCRB, Vigilante & Star Salzman for doing just that in the past few weeks! I'm still not able to really do formal, structured interviews yet, I apologize, but feel free to come on the air, shoot the shit and pimp yourselves out.

Also, I'm definitely interested in receiving more radio bumpers. If you're down, just lemme know your intent. No hurry on getting anything to me.

Well. Good news. I should have an MP3 up for download of the show late tomorow morning (its not quite midnight here yet). Bad news. My mom came in and interupted me and the stream just happened to kill at this time and I missed 2 and a half minutes at the end of the show, so I have the song fading out early and fadeing in on talking about how you should be in bed.

Yes I will still release show 1 once I finish it up.

Thanks a lot for the help, Species; I really loved the show today and I was actually kicking myself that I didn't tell the Brothers Chaps to tune in for this one. I'm calling 'em tomorrow and the archive will be almost as good. I'm really looking forward to seeing how shows #1 & #2 turned out. Thanks for going beyond the call of duty!

Thanks to everyone who listened into the show this week. It was a nice full house in the AIM chat. Without further ado, for you stragglers and curious gawkers, here's this week's playlist:

Larry Oji - WMRE (Emory University Student Radio; Atlanta, GA)

"VG Frequency" - Saturday, September 13, 2003 - 10 PM - 12:15 AM EST

1. Satoshi Ise - "Ending 2" [Capcom vs. SNK OST]

2. Spencer Nilsen f/The Corrs - "Tidal Tempest (Present)" [sonic The Hedgehog CD (US) OSV]

3. Spencer Nilsen f/The Corrs - "Tidal Tempest (Bad Future)" [sonic The Hedgehog CD (US) OSV]

4. Naofumi Hataya - "Quartz Quadrant (Present)" [sonic The Hedgehog CD (Japan) OSV]

5. Naofumi Hataya - "Quartz Quadrant (Good Future)" [sonic The Hedgehog CD (Japan) OSV]

6. Nobuo Uematsu - "Mambo De Chocobo!" [Final Fantasy V OST]

7. Daisuke Ishiwatari - "Blue Water Blue Sky" [Guilty Gear X: Heavy Rock Tracks]

8. Tetsuya Shibata - "Doll Eyes" [street Fighter Zero 3 OST]

9. Grant Kirkhope & Graeme Norgate - "Mission Brief" [GoldenEye 007 OSV]

10. AmIEviL - Blaster Master "Dancer Master" [OC ReMix #394]

11. Neostorm - Double Dragon "Hammer's Garage" [OC ReMix #847]

12. Revenge of the Gamer Girlz!

13. The Dead Guys - Paperboy "Peaperboayh" [OC ReMix #12]

14. Waxing Eloquent - Final Fantasy 6 "Dancing Madly (Second Form)" [OC ReMix #957]

15. DJ Pretzel - Final Fantasy 9 "dubnofantasyaloneman" [OC ReMix #814]

16. Star Salzman - Chrono Trigger "Temporal Distortion" [OC ReMix #789]

17. Tomoya Ootani - "Please Wait" [ChuChu Rocket! OSV]

18. Paige calls in and pisses EVERYONE off!

19. Tomoya Ootani - "Puzzle Editor" [ChuChu Rocket! OSV]

20. Vigilante calls in and requests to "stop playing that Starblast shit!"

21. Star Salzman calls in and is "goin' like the Dickens!"

22. Vigilante - Metal Gear Solid 2 "May Fortune Smile Upon You" [OC ReMix #1031]

23. Yuzo Koshiro - "Player Select" [bare Knuckle OST]

24. Grandaddy - "'Yeah' Is What We Had" [sumday]

25. Grant Kirkhope & Graeme Norgate - "Mission Status" [GoldenEye 007 OSV]

26. Fark.com AudioEdit - The Matrix

27. SuperGreenX - "Thinking Different" [http://www.mp3.com/supergreenx]

28. SeattleOverCoat - "Gainsay" [http://rks.no-ip.com/~seattleovercoat]

29. Satoshi Ise - "Groove Select" [Capcom vs. SNK 2 OST]

30. Star Salzman's "EGOTISM" WMRE Jingle

31. Star Salzman f/Jon Martindill - "Magellanic" [http://www.starblast.org]

32. Nobuo Uematsu - "Techno De Chocobo" [Final Fantasy VI OST]

33. DarkeSword - "A Late September Breeze" [ReVamped OST]

34. Acclaim - "Level 1" [Extreme G OSV]

35. bLiNd - "Extreme G - Level 1" [Project Majestic Mix Trance/http://www.mp3.com/xblindxx]

36. GrayLightning - Phantasy Star 2 "Dezoris Winter" [http://www.mp3.com/graylightning/OCR Submission]

37. Sega - "Credits Theme" [Gaiares OSV]

38. Rayza's "Sonic Retard" VG Frequency Bumper

39. Rayza - Gaiares "Credits Theme (ZZ Badnusty Mix)" [http://www.rayza.net/OCR Submission]

40. Satoshi Ise - "B. B." [Capcom vs. SNK OST]

Thanks again for tuning in. Next week, we do have non-OCR and potentially pending OCR works on the way from Red Omen (Terranigma/Chrono Cross), JigginJonT (Xenogears), DCT (Super Street Fighter II) & McNoods (The Secret of Mana), as well as whatever other crud I can dig up. We all know it won't be good anyway, right? Make sure to tell other people that the show is quality, BTW. I sleep better at night that way. :sleepzzz:

Bah, I was going to post that the show was up for download but noooo, I noticed somthing that needs to be fixed quickly but I don't have the time right now. So I'll fix up that little problem after work. See ya in 6 hours.

[thumbs up] :!:

Once you get them out, Species, I believe I can eventually upload them to our radio station's webspace, so you wouldn't have to bear the burden of hosting the files. If my understanding is right, Emory College organizations get 1 gig of space to use, so we should be using it, especially for show archives. I'm also going to keep pressing my station on the issue of show recording, because while I definitely appreciate Species going out of his way for the hookup, it should be the station's responsibility to make show recording/archiving readily available for the DJs, especially the ones who are serious about their shows. I've seen much more bootleg stations possess those capabilities, so WMRE needs to step up in those respects.

Major, major thanks to Species, who sent me the archive of show #2 earlier tonight. Episode #1 should eventually be available as well. After updating the tracklist on page 4 of the thread and updating the ID3v2 tag, "VG Frequency: Episode #2" is available for download at my college webspace! (23.6 MB)

Check out what all the hub-bubbery is about! The tracklist (including call-ins & bumpers) is included within the comments section of the ID3 tag so you can follow along with the show. Some notes for the uninitiated:

1) My radio station has a video camera in it, so if I refer to people seeing what I'm doing, it's a reference to what they're seeing on the live webcast.

2) Every week, I host a chat room on AIM ("VG Frequency"), so whenever I throw seemingly non-sequitur comments out of nowhere, I'm responding to something being said within the chat room.

3) 8O No, I'm not high when I'm doing the show, DarkeSword. :) I'm also going to hell for saying the Lord's name in vain about 87 times.

4) The bitrate has been downsampled to 24kbps/22mHz in order to make the MP3 file as small as possible (thanks, Species!). (Remember, the quality's been downsampled, so don't judge a track you're unfamiliar with simply based on how you hear it here. The live feed is an 80kbps/44mHz transmission, which would sound much, much better.) If you're familiar with a song, feel free to seek your way past it and see what's next. If you're not familiar with a certain song, but like what you heard, the tracklist within the show archive MP3 should give you enough info to obtain the track for yourself. If all else fails, contact me and I'll see what I can do for you.

5) Use headphones if you can. If you liked the show, pimp this thread or tell a friend who'd be interested in the show. Enjoy, and I'll see you next Saturday!

K, I just finished scanning through and listening to segments of the show. Man......all I can say is that I have every reason to believe that obscene amounts of alcohol were involved in the production process, on all ends. If you scan through the archived show randomly, it's more than likely that you'll pick up right in the middle of either Larry yelling something, or some psycho drunk chick doing what psycho drunk chicks do. So, in other words, it's fantas-great. If you haven't already, check it out. You might even hear some video game music if you listen long enough.

-Jon

K, I just finished scanning through and listening to segments of the show. Man......all I can say is that I have every reason to believe that obscene amounts of alcohol were involved in the production process, on all ends. If you scan through the archived show randomly, it's more than likely that you'll pick up right in the middle of either Larry yelling something, or some psycho drunk chick doing what psycho drunk chicks do. So, in other words, it's fantas-great. If you haven't already, check it out. You might even hear some video game music if you listen long enough.

-Jon

Now that's a quality testimonial if I've ever heard one! What are you people waiting for? Christmas? You can still check out show #2 of VG Frequency before I head into episode #3 this coming Saturday. Beyond the traditional VGM and OCR tracks, the current preview is as follows:

We've got JigginJonT's pianistic talents on display with Xenogears "Live From the Yggdrasil", McNoods pops his remixing cherry with The Secret of Mana "Beyond Comprehension", DCT lays down some relaxing rythms with Super Street Fighter II "Jamaican Soul", SeattleOverCoat's tryin' to fade you (or should I say "phase" you) with Super Metroid "Norfidia", and Red Omen tackles the best of both Enix & Squaresoft's worlds with Terranigma & Chrono Cross "Global Control (endblink Mix)". In addition to that, SuperGreenX has got a surprise for ya. Beyond that, my lips are sealed. Tune in this Saturday night!

It won't be long now folks. Tune into "VG Frequency" tonight at 10 PM EST by clicking my sig link and listening to the webstream, if you want to listen, don't have RealPlayer, but would like to use Real Alternative to watch the feed, let me know, and I'll put the installation package for Real Alternative back up onto my webspace. In the meantime I'm hosting some quality dating advice articles this weekend for the sad, love-lorn chilluns' of OCR.

The show is looking stacked so far, with 5 non-OCR mixes looking to prove themselves tonight. Will you like what you hear???

GrayLightning's quickly been establishing himself as the new hotness of OCR, with 3 postings in rapid succession. That's why we're following up the radio debut of the revamped Dezoris Winter with Gray's recently posted "Asian Twilight".

Not to be outdone by the less-than-a-day-old freshness, DarkeSword's Millennial Fair IMC16 remix "Blue Skies Over Guardia" will also be making it's radio debut less than 12 hours after being released to the unwashed masses of General Discussion.

Be sure to check out Red Omen's "Global Control (endblink Mix)" around 10:45 EST and stay later into the night to hear what else is in store (see further above).

For all we know, TimberWolf may call in to yell the word "cocks" in context. Will some drunk females call in again? Will TimberWolf yell "cocks" at THEM??? The AIM chat room will be going as usual, so hit me up at Liontamer87 to join in. See you tonight...

Another great line up tonight. I'm looking forward to tonight's show. ^_^

He's just sayin' that cuz he's in it. :)

:wink:

No really, it will really be a hot show. :D

He's just sayin' that cuz I'm in it. :wink:

Just added to tonight's show, Beatdrop is gonna pop your proverbial Cherry Blossom with some phat beats. I'm walking to the radio station in 5 minutes and I'm dragging you all with me!