FEAR 2 Project Origins demo

EdgeCrusher

I enjoyed the hell out of FEAR, and I was disappointed as all hell when the ports were done terribly.

That said, I just tried out the 360 demo and I keep coming back to it. The game is beautiful, and it manages to enhance the feel of the original quite well. It just feels very solid and fun.

If the full version manages to deliver this much, then do want.

I couldn't get into fear. It was just... too generic.

OOH CREEPY LITTLE GIRL WALKING THROUGH A BLOOD STAINED ROOM we haven't seen that a million times before.

It just seemed to take every single cliche popular in "horror" today and just grind it into the ground.

but it was still scary as hell

Neko you missed out on not just a great concept but an awesome gameplay experience. One of the toughest FPS's I've ever played. It's still one of my fondest games and one of the best FPS's I've ever played. The action is just brilliant. I've been playing the PC demo and it runs really well on my computer. They really enhanced the mood with the graphics and effects, walking through that school corridor with all the lights flashing on and off still had me shooting my gun off everywhere, I appreciate that.

Though I have some gripes. I don't think the replica army is as fun to kill as it was the first time, some of the action elements don't feel as...chunky as I liked from the first game. Also they added a sprint key, it sounds like a good idea for the insane action in the game but I think it just makes the control scheme more difficult to use. Like doing the sliding kick, usually you'd hold the melee button and press crouch, now you hold the sprint key and press melee even though the sprint key is a toggle key. Maybe this isn't an issue for the console versions and I might just get the PS3 version so the graphics are top notch. Though this is a personal distaste but I prefered the zooming in from the first game rather then bringing up the ironsights.

I'm gonna keep playing the demo some more but it certainly didn't let me down.

I kinda saw the first game with expansion as a... heavily altered action oriented variation of Silent Hill. Hell Alma's practically Alessa Gillespie; just her outcome in life is perverted to a similar, if not, greater degree than in the Silent Hill mythos.

the FEAR series, at most is a unique experience, be it for lulz or thrills.