I need to remove 2 junk programs from my System32/Drivers folder.

Meteo Xavier

I'm pretty sure these two junk .sys files (verified to be junk) are behind my recent BSODs, but I can't get rid of them. My virus scanner, AVG 8.0, won't recognize them as threats and I don't know how else to take them out because they're either in use or write-protected or something.

I'm using a Compaq Presario with Windows XP. Roughly 700 mb Ram, 2.0 Processor. I don't know what else you need for this. I bought this computer from a pawn shop so I don't have the setup discs to wipe it clean and start over. I really think this is the last step in a war I'm waging with this virus since Thursday (Tuesday, actually).

try unlocker. then try deleting in safe mode with and without unlocker. if those don't work, you can theoretically delete files through the command prompt, or else tell windows to delete it after it shuts down next time (that's a queue). it's annoying to do and sometimes crashes your system, though, so try the others. unlocker should work, really.

Don't forget registry files!

Junk reg entries generally have no effect on your system because one, they do not execute, and two, even if you have a million of them, the registry will still function fine(because of how it works and is used). The exception would be when important registry entries are modified, or added, in which case you should decide if deleting or fixing is the best idea (Think services and start up items).