Zither in Super Mario World!!!

andy-007

Hello!!

>> www.andreas-erber.at

My Name is Andreas Erber, I am 21 years old and I come from Austria (Österreich).

I play Zither for about 12 years.

The Zither is an traditional instrument from Austria. An popular Song on this instrument is "The Harry Lime Theme".

2007 I was in Japan (Kyoto) for a TV-Documentation about the Zither. The TV-Documentation is with Kohei Otomo (HOUND DOG).

And I also play computergamemusic on Zither.

On my homepage you can hear and see a Zither.

www.andreas-erber.at

Liebe Grüße!! Greetings from Austria!

Andreas Erber

I'd love to hear this, but I can't find it. I clicked the "audio" tab on your website, but I'm not going to install some quicktime plugin to hear your music. Why don't you post a link to an mp3? I saw the video you had there. You're really good!! Nice lederhosen, btw...

To anyone else seeing this thread, you should really visit this guy's website. Take my word for it.

EDIT: Damnit, I AM going to install some quicktime plugin to hear your music. I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it. I still think you should post an mp3 link to your remix - it's common curtesy around here. I'm sure if people could hear your remix more easily they'd be sure to visit your website as well.

EDIT2: Ok, did download the plugin. This is awesome. But the image is Super Mario Galaxy, not Super Mario World (and the music is Super Mario Bros). The tetris song is really in it's right element on the zither. Good job!

Aah. hab mir vor nem Jahr so ein Teil aufm Flohmarkt für nen Zehner geholt und dann im Laden bespannen lassen. War mir aber zu schwierig bisher, das wirklich zu lernen. Diese Stimmung...Erst chromatisch, dann plötzlich Quarten...echt gewöhnungsbedürftig. Ich hab bisher hauptsächlich das Griffbrett wie ne normale Gitarre gespielt, geht sogar echt gut von der Haltung her, weil ich Linkshänder bin. Nur die Standfüße pieksen bissl ;)

Die Leerseiten sind gut für soundtracktypisches Geklimper, grade wenn man nich wirklich nen Plan hat, was man tut.

Schöne Performance jedenfalls, Hut ab. Das Video von deinem Japanbesuch war auch nett, der Typ hinter dir schien ja vollends in deiner Musik aufzugehn :P

Achso, nochwas: Falls du auf die Seite hier kommen willst...Die Stücke sind zwar sehr schön gespielt, aber etwas zu nah am Original dran dafür, also zu sehr Cover. Wollt's nur gesagt haben, falls du die Seite noch nicht so kennst.

Aah. hab mir vor nem Jahr so ein Teil aufm Flohmarkt für nen Zehner geholt und dann im Laden bespannen lassen. War mir aber zu schwierig bisher, das wirklich zu lernen. Diese Stimmung...Erst chromatisch, dann plötzlich Quarten...echt gewöhnungsbedürftig. Ich hab bisher hauptsächlich das Griffbrett wie ne normale Gitarre gespielt, geht sogar echt gut von der Haltung her, weil ich Linkshänder bin. Nur die Standfüße pieksen bissl ;)

Die Leerseiten sind gut für soundtracktypisches Geklimper, grade wenn man nich wirklich nen Plan hat, was man tut.

Schöne Performance jedenfalls, Hut ab. Das Video von deinem Japanbesuch war auch nett, der Typ hinter dir schien ja vollends in deiner Musik aufzugehn :P

Achso, nochwas: Falls du auf die Seite hier kommen willst...Die Stücke sind zwar sehr schön gespielt, aber etwas zu nah am Original dran dafür, also zu sehr Cover. Wollt's nur gesagt haben, falls du die Seite noch nicht so kennst.

Through Babel Fish for other non-German-speakers such as myself:

Aah. me nem year ago such a part oversize flea market for nen decimal got and then in the shop cover to let. Was me however too with difficulty so far to really learn. This tendency… only chromatically, then suddenly Quarten… genuinly habituation-needily. I so far mainly the Griffbrett like ne normal guitar played, works even genuinly well from the attitude, because I am left-handed person. Only the condition feet piksen bissl;) The empty sheets are well for sound-TRACK-typical Geklimper, degrees if one nich really nen plan have, which one does. Beautiful performance anyhow, hat off. The video of your Japan visit was also nice, the type behind you seemed completely in your music aufzugehn: P Achso, still what: If you want to come on the side here… the pieces are very beautifully played, but somewhat too near at the original to for it, thus too much Cover. Wollt' s only said, if you do not know the side in such a way yet.