Pokémon Crystal - WIP National Park Remix

Ok, I remember the source tune vaguely, and little is added here imo...

Samples are very 8-bitish, and the mixing isn't the best either... Sorry to be so negitive.

Youtube isn't a good place to upload your remixes btw, I would suggest using tindeck of mediafire instead.

Its effectively a midi rip at the moment... I would suggest adding some variation, give it some personal touches, don't feel that it has to sound too similar too the original :P

Still its not bad, its nice to listen to but I think it needs a personal touch to it :P

...I'm not sure what you did to it, but there are quite a few distinctly wrong notes in there. Other than that, it's really a MIDI rip using instruments from one of the newer Pokemon games.

Since it's for a fan remake, a MIDI rip with improved sounds (comparatively) is acceptable, but wrong notes certainly aren't.

If you're working to submit it here, it will also need much improved sounds and more variation from the original.

Just take another look at it.

Ok, I remember the source tune vaguely, and little is added here imo...

Samples are very 8-bitish, and the mixing isn't the best either... Sorry to be so negitive.

Youtube isn't a good place to upload your remixes btw, I would suggest using tindeck of mediafire instead.

Its effectively a midi rip at the moment... I would suggest adding some variation, give it some personal touches, don't feel that it has to sound too similar too the original :P

Still its not bad, its nice to listen to but I think it needs a personal touch to it :P

Cool thanks for the advice.

...I'm not sure what you did to it, but there are quite a few distinctly wrong notes in there. Other than that, it's really a MIDI rip using instruments from one of the newer Pokemon games.

Since it's for a fan remake, a MIDI rip with improved sounds (comparatively) is acceptable, but wrong notes certainly aren't.

If you're working to submit it here, it will also need much improved sounds and more variation from the original.

Just take another look at it.

Well all that needs to be done to see what I did is to listen to the original GBC version. The tones different and most of the background instruments are as well.

But what are these wrong notes? If you're talking about the background notes, those are intentionally different from the original. However, if there are any problems with the main melody tell me.

But yeah, might add some variation.

But what are these wrong notes?

The grace note at 0:14 bleeds into the next note too much - it sounds like a wrong note, as it is. Cut the grace note extremely short. Also, the melody clashes with the harmonies terribly there (the last note of the phrase should be a half step up from that). At 0:20 the melody just sounds out of tune with the harmonies. The repeat has those same problems, too.

Those are the notes throwing people off, here. Personally, I don't think it's too bad, myself, other than those bad notes (although the drums are a bit cliche to my ears, but it doesn't bother me that much).