Sonic2 remix

HoboKa

Interesting, but I don't know if the minor flavor goes well with the song, at the moment. I think it's the fact that the original moves around so much with the harmonies while your mix is static in that area.

For example, from 0:34 - 0:52 the hamonic motion is very, very static (I believe one chord with the bass leaping from place to place - normally a chord change but as nothing else follows suit it just sounds like decoration), while the original would have had eight chord changes. I don't mind that it's in minor (actually, it's a cool idea), but the lack of motion kills the mix for me, atm.

I also am against the phrygian feel you've got throughout. I know you moved the bass up a 3rd, but don't use the lowered 2nd for the song - it really sounds out of place, in this context. Make it a minor (aeolian) scale, not a phrygian, please.

When the song moves out of the source to your own stuff it's pretty good (although I'm not for the step own bass motion, myself - try moving it down a fourth instead and see how that sounds for you). When the source comes in again, though, it seems to return to that static harmonic stuff. Changing the chords like the original (just not to the same chords as the original) could also fix the dissonance that Snappleman hears (using the static chords causes the dissonance, I believe).

The double time at 1:38 was awesome, though.

Yay, I haven't heard you here for a while, now. I've got my eye on this track - it potentially could be quite good as long as you fix the harmonic motions (and that guitar, yuck - you know that, though).

Yeah, the arrangement needs to be fixed before even touching on the production issues with this one imo. The drums are a bit too random for my tastes, especially the velocity editing seems to favor the ghost notes over the upbeat/downbeat which makes for..weird drumming. Cut down on the ghost notes and nonsensical fills. The double-time feel at 1:38 is a cool idea and reasonably executed, but could use more of a build-up. Also, are those 32nd notes on that hi-hat? You should just, like, use a quarter note open hi-hat for that part.