Dissidia Prelude Genre Question

The Favs

I've listened to the Dissidia OST, and thought that the Dissidia Prelude was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. What genre of music is it? And don't say VGM (haha). What other types of music sound like it? Any other songs that resemble it? Any songs on OCR that are of the same genre? Any help would be appreciated.

I've listened to the Dissidia OST, and thought that the Dissidia Prelude was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard. What genre of music is it? And don't say VGM (haha). What other types of music sound like it? Any other songs that resemble it? Any songs on OCR that are of the same genre? Any help would be appreciated.

Bleck's an asshole, don't pay attention to him.

Anyway, Prelude, which is a famous Final Fantasy signature song, straddles the line between orchestral and new age. It is usually in C Major and one of the few songs I can think of where the song focuses on the arpeggiation as the melody.

My recommendation: Track down the opening song from FFXII. Not only is it the best version of the song, it also adds in the best version of PROLOGUE, another signature Final Fantasy song. Youtube it and go from there, you'll recognize it.

The only other song I can think of that focuses on a similar arpeggiation is "HYMN" (Piano Original) by Moby.

Thanks Meteo Xavier! You've been very helpful. I've learned a new word: arpeggio! But what interested me in the Dissidia version of Prelude was not the arpeggio, but the style of the music. The calm and relaxing instrumentation. You said it was half new age. Should I look up new age then? And is there any songs or artists here on OCR that have that same feel?