Liljedahl is God

Mordi

This is a remix of two commodore 64 games; Green Beret and Rambo. It's actually more of a remix of a remix that Jogeir Liljedahl made on the Amiga.

I tried submitting it to OC with reduced quality, but at 128 kbps it still was around 500kb too much. I submitted it anyway, but haven't heard anything for 5-6 days, so I figured they denied it.

This is the instrumental version.

Liljedahl_is_god.mp3

My website

I've been a fan of this song since you posted in the original/WIP forum some time ago. It seems to be the same mix, but thats good. I thought this song was amazing to begin with. To be honset though, i really liked the vocals you added to the "verse" and the outro part. I'm not really sure why you took them out, but its your mix. :)

I thought at first you cut the bass back a bit, but nope, its all there. It really helps add to the feel of this mix. If you submitted it only 5-6 days ago and haven't heard anything, don't worry. Sometimes it takes them a little while to catch up with all the subs in their inbox. I can't really see why they wouldn't want to accept this though.

I tried submitting it to OC with reduced quality, but at 128 kbps it still was around 500kb too much. I submitted it anyway, but haven't heard anything for 5-6 days, so I figured they denied it.

This is the instrumental version.

Liljedahl_is_god.mp3

My website

In what way have you not heard anything back? IIRC, they will send you a notice saying they reject it outright. If not, its on the judges panel. If its on the judges panel, it could be Halloween before they get to it. A LOT of people submit.

Wow. 7 minutes? And over the 6.00 MB limit? Try Valentines Day as you will clearly need to resubmit.

And thats a shame because this song is actually really good. Mixing and instrumentation and style and everything all fits. This is exactly OCR material if it wasn't 3 minutes too long.

I wouldn't know where to make the cut, but with it being such an easy going and meandering track, I figure anywhere around the 4:00 could work in theory.

If you submitted it only 5-6 days ago and haven't heard anything, don't worry. Sometimes it takes them a little while to catch up with all the subs in their inbox.

Ah. I thought it usually took around 3-4 days, actually. I thought I read that somewhere.

In what way have you not heard anything back? IIRC, they will send you a notice saying they reject it outright.

This is exactly OCR material if it wasn't 3 minutes too long.

Well, I remember submitting a song about one and a half year ago, and it got rejected and I got an e-mail stating so a few days later.

It's a shame that size limit. It disables longer tunes like this.

Ah. I thought it usually took around 3-4 days, actually. I thought I read that somewhere.

Well, I remember submitting a song about one and a half year ago, and it got rejected and I got an e-mail stating so a few days later.

It's a shame that size limit. It disables longer tunes like this.

Well, unless you want to pony up the equipment DJP would need to upgrade to those standards, plus the monthly installments of donations he would also need for increased hosting costs, bandwidth etc. - them's the rules.

And anyway, if they haven't outright rejected it, its on the judge's panel. You'll hear back by Halloween probably. And you'll likely have to do it over because it is too big.

If I were you, I'd take that time editing it down to a proper size and get a resub ready.

It really is OCremix worthy, its just too damn big. Don't worry about it. My single Ocremix got rejected and I went through hell getting it proper. It happens to all of us.