Zelda 2 Temple Theme ReMix...of course...

jabond23

I'm sure there's a decent amount of Zelda 2 temple theme remixes out there, but i thought i'd give it a shot myself. So far, the 4 remixes i've posted on here, including this one, are part of a project i'm working on for a metal or so remix album. Its really just for myself and some friends, but i really wanna get around to finishing it. Its done in my usual hard rock/power metal style and its pretty damn catchy, as wa the original.

Anywho, I actually recorded most of this song a few months ago but never really got around to finishing it up properly. I spent a lot of time working on the production of this track. It took a while to get most of the leads left. I'm not sure if there's anything i could improve on or add to this song. I was thinking maybe a second solo right after the 2nd crazy arpeggio/sweeping part of the song and changing the lead guitar harmony in the 2nd half of that same part.

Let me know what ya guys think.

stats.png

I keep wanting the James Bond guitar to kick in at the intro/outro. I know that's not your fault in any way, that's the pattern the source follows, but it tortures me so.

I've got really quiet speakers at the moment, so I can't hear it with proper detail, but it sounds pretty good. Every time I think it starts to hug the source too closely or gets repetitive it suddenly changes, which creeps me out, I might suggest switching a bit earlier in but I don't know if that'd sound as good.

The lead often messes up its timing or pitch by minuscule amounts, but for some reason I think that's a good thing. I have no idea why.

Heh, I agree with Spakku in that I keep waiting for the Bond guitar to kick in during the intro. However, my opinion diverges from there...

The guitar's pretty balls-out awesome - but the little off-timings and such need to be tightened up. The solo in the middle is cool, and then from the ending on I really dig it. I'd advise to just work on that first section after the intro.