Put your hands together for your new judge...

Palpable

To cover the other stuff Jonas mention, inbox takes a lot of work and spare time and there's a lot of organization involved. That's why we don't have 3 or 4 people doing it.

LT, I just hope your new job is treating you well and you're getting yourself nice and settled. You definitely deserve it.

As for this thread, I'd just like to say that, after looking at the judge's decisions since OA has started, that I'm quite impressed seeing his responses to some of the mixes. He took a few hard calls, in my opinion, but kept his head level and backed the decisions very well. Keep up the good work, buddy!

I didn't realize the inbox checking was the hold-up. There are still 15 unjudged mixes in the queue. Of course, if all of those have been voted on by the same 3 people (or however many votes are needed for a pass -1), then those people COULD be voting on other mixes if they had been added to the queue from the inbox. But I really doubt that's the case (even though afaik it's happened before).

EDIT: Make that 14.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but I don't see how speeding up the judging process would actually fix anything. As much as I like looking at the queue just for the hell of it, the holdup doesn't seem to be on their end. There's, what, 30 mixes to be posted right now? The real bottleneck seems to be with DJP actually posting the mixes to the front page. With only one person posting mixes, it doesn't matter how fast mixes are getting judged, the overall posting speed will be the same.

Of course, I completely understand why djp can't speed up the pace on those considering his incredibly busy life, and I wouldn't want to sacrifice his brilliant writeups by bringing someone else on board, either. I'm not really sure how things could be sped up overall :?

It's a perk? Considering we do what we do for free, I think it's the only thing we get in return; other then the judgelove (rofl). That's the first time I've actually done it too.

Also it cuts out the possibility of a direct post so its not even always faster. I wouldn't bother if I didn't know how big the inbox waiting list was atm.

OA's done it a lot recently too, cheeky thing :3.

Also to Emunator: There are two bottlenecks, the inbox to queue step and then Dave posting them. The inbox is by far the biggest bottleneck at the moment (or rather it was) because Larry has a new job to concentrate on, but palpable is working it now and as you can see, the list of things to be judged just shot up.