Nerdapalooza 2009

suzumebachi

So I'm finally rested up from 3 solid days of awesome and now it's time to look back and recap. In short: A+ would attend again.

Highlights:

Finally meeting and hanging out with Beefy and Kasparov, performing with those two and Ricky and Shael, being introduced by and performing with Schaffer the Darklord, breakfast with Schaffer and MC Frontalot, dinner with The Megas and I Fight Dragons, Kabuto the Python performing with Mad Hatter and Doc Awkward, being introduced on stage as "suzumebachi from overclocked remix" and the crowd going fucking apeshit, the view. Nerdapalooza was freaking awesome despite some logistics/technical problems. Pretty much the best weekend of my life.

So, who else from OCR was there?

Define Nerdapalooza for those of us who just don't get out very often.
Nerdapalooza is a nerd music festival. The first of its kind to invite all genres of the new movement under one roof, Nerdapalooza was scheduled to have its first two day festival in September 2007 at Redwood Acres Fairgrounds. The creator of the event is John "hex" Carter, who hosted a Nerdapalooza themed radio show through KRFH, the student-run radio station at Humboldt State University. This word is derived from nerd and palooza, slang word for all-out crazy party, and is a reference to Lolapalooza.

Nerdapalooza 2009

Set to be the first full-blown Nerdapalooza showcasing all nerd music, Nerdapalooza 2009 is set to be at the Holiday Inn Convention Hall on International Drive in downtown Orlando.[3] It will again be a charity show, with proceeds going to "Childs Play" charities. Carter is the Executive Director, along with other key directors Michael "The Spork" Evans, Joshua Thew, and Aaron "Masurao" Yarhouse.

This years show brings back headliner MC Frontalot, and introduces MC Lars, mc chris, and The Protomen. This will be the first time that 3 major players in the nerdcore music scene (MC Frontalot, MC Lars, mc chris) will all be performing at the same event. A complete list of artists performing for Nerdapalooza 2009 is as follows (alphabetically):

* Beefy [4]

* Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew

* Confuscious

* Devo Spice

* Dual Core

* Emergency Pizza Party

* Epic-1

* Fred Lives

* Funky49

* HDNinja

* I Fight Dragons

* Jay Tholen

* Krondor Krew

* Marc with a C

* mc chris

* MC Frontalot

* MC Gigahertz

* MC Lars

* mCRT

* My Parents Favorite Music

* Odd Austin

* Random Encounter

* Schaffer the Darklord

* Scrub Club Records

* The Grammar Club (Beefy and Shael Riley)

* The great Luke Ski

* The House of Black

* The Megas

* The Protomen

* The Spork

* Uncle Monsterface

* YTCracker

* ZeaLouS1

I got some videos I'll post later :o

Googles first result is the blog, not the main page - which is here: http://www.nerdapaloozafest.com/

This was an extraordinary amount of fun. I learned about many bands including

, Dual Core and
and got to see favorites like The Megas - and of course, the epicness that was
performing for the first time together. Videos should be popping up on Thasauce.net within the next couple of days.

mc chris puts on a fantastic show, even though he sounds like a 5 year old.