*NO* Mega Man X4 'Hard Zero 2003'

djpretzel

Hm, yeah. Here is my newest and best remix. Hard Zero 2003 Oc Remix The remix is from Zero's Theme in MegaMan X4. I REALLY hope this one gets accepted. This is my best mix ever.

I have allready a remix of Zero's theme in MegaMan X4, But Hard Zero 2003 is way much better than ZeroTheUltimateWarrior, my old remix. So if you want so can you delete my old remix of Zero's Theme (ZeroTheUltimateWarrior) But that can you do what you want to.

Here is the Link to Hard Zero OC Remix:

The server is a little slow, But i hope you can take your time to download this.

This server is extremely slow, get from judge HTTP or mirror ftps

-Dj MetaZero

The intro showed some promise, but then it quickly degraded into a collective of ugly deturned synths, octive bass, and ofcourse some boomtish. Theres a lot of vocal shows, sound effects, wishes and washes. Musically, there's hardly anything going on. This song is solely carried by its samples and synth presets.

Go for more than the lowest denomiation of 'generic trance'

NO

• 2 weeks later...

I like this. Nice and solid trance, with lots of change ups. It stays interesting. I love that detuned sound, so this is a real treat for me; I just wish it was a bit more defined.

I especially like your interpretation of the melody at 3:32. Putting the pickups on beat one sounds a bit weird at first, but after listening to it a few times, you get the anthemic feeling.

This is a keeper. YES.

I'm a bit borderline on this. Some parts sounded really cool and some parts just sounded like I've heard this over and over. Most of the time this sounds like generic trance. I agree with protricity's view on this.

During the 3 loud sections of this mix, there's a lot of what sounds like some kind of audio glitch and it's fairly annoying on headphones. This isn't a bad mix. I enjoyed a number parts of this mix especially the ending parts where you have more complex things going on, but there's not much else here that's stands out and the technical problems with this mix make it a borderline NO from me. Add more creativity, and unique work on the synths and this would be a yes.

This one is tough for me. I like the style, the textures are all totally authentic and groovin. But it does seem to repeat an awful lot, even for the genre.

The percussion is way too cliched. I like to see trance artists expand on their oom-tss groove with some imaginative rhythmic work. I've heard it before, and done well, but unfortunately it's not done here. I've heard this beat before a thousand times. And I like it a lot, I really do, but it doesn't take a lot to throw a standard trance beat over some (well programmed) synths. The gratuitous Zero sound byte is here, and done well, but again totally cliched.

There is no problem with the instrumentation, just the fact that this song has been done before. The offbeat, rough analog synths and the detuned leads, over arpeggiation....there's got to be more to trance. I know there is. It needs more focus, and it needs more originality. Oh, and the ending is a total bummer. It just.....ends. This kind of music always has a massive cooldown, in my experience.

And, there is the problem of the clicking in the right channel. I'm unsure whether it is clipping or just an audio glitch, but that in itself warrants a re-render or re-encode.

A very nice song in it's own right, but audio problems and unispired arrangement make this a NO go.

-D

I'm just totally overwhelmed by the amount of reverb used in this song. It totally drowns out any sense of melody in some areas. Nice production other than that though. High quality samples, but it DOES leave the listener wanting more. It reminds me a little of the music from GTA3 where there wasn't a whole lot memorable to it. Even the melody here is relatively stagnant as far as its melodic range. Not sure what else to say. It's not god-awful or anything, it just doesn't seem to have the longevous calibre we're looking for.

NO

D