Megaman 3 - Geminiman techno - Geminizer WIP

The Biznut

Just put a few more hours into this one, its been an on and off project for the past year and a bit. A friend of mine just checked this one out and praised it highly. Figured I'd throw it up here for you all to hear.

I host my mp3s on box.net, HERE is the link to my WIPs. You are welcome to check any of it out, the mp3 up for discussion on this thread is "Megaman 3 - Geminizer 2.1 mp3"

I don't feel its at submission level now, it might be a ways off, but I think the potential is there.

Like where its going? What should I do next?

Thanks all!

Alright, I've always said this - MM3 doesn't get enough love here on OC... lol. Ah Gemini man, the man with a lot of untapped potential, let's see where you take him...

First thing I notice is that the instrument that come in at 0:25 causes a great deal of overcompressed clipping. I think that instrument could use a decrease in volume, as it just shoots out there over everything else.

The drums at 1:00 seem to cut off the little tune a half beat too early - it's upsetting. I think the instrument before the drums come in actually has a quiet attack, so you can't tell what the real beat is beforehand. Look into that.

I like the instruments at 1:00, but at this point the bass drum's deficiencies become rather obvious. There is no punch behind the drums at all, and the clap should be replaced with some sort of cool electric snare or something.

I think that instrument that plays the theme at 1:03 has a touch too many highs in the EQ for the range it plays in, so it really muddies what the theme your playing. I don't know - perhaps just moving the line up an octave would help the sound a bit. The instrument at 1:34 just doesn't seem to work well for me (again, it meshes too much with the other instruments that are there).

I like the square you use :)

The break at 2:53 was excellent. The music really jumped out at me, there.

Be careful with the drums - in a song that's almost 5 minutes long people begin to notice that it virtually hasn't changed the entire time. That makes the drums sound like they're droning rather than enhancing the music. Play around with changing the beat up from time to time - that way when you return to the boom-chick sound it'll sound fresh and new again.

The arrangement is alright, albiet a little sparce. The production needs some work in order for people to appreciate what you have, though. Good luck.

BTW Motoldm, it's poor etiquite to hijack a thread like that. If you want people to critique your music, make a new thread for it.