Disco Dan music

AJ-enova

I only have one copy of Wily 3 Impendium, and it appears to be only slightly different than yours (I'm thinking just an older encoding): 4:45, 160kbps, 5.45mb.

Just in case I have something that someone else doesn't have, I just copied all the Dan mixes I have into a folder and shared it: https://app.sugarsync.com/iris/wf/D7279007_4768505_6400117

It's still uploading though, so some things may not be available for a bit. Also, please ignore the naming convention (as there isn't one). I have such a mix of old OCR, VGMix, new OCR, etc. that it's all pretty much the filenames they were at the time I downloaded.

Edited by Saunders

I only have one copy of Wily 3 Impendium, and it appears to be only slightly different than yours (I'm thinking just an older encoding): 4:45, 160kbps, 5.45mb.

Just in case I have something that someone else doesn't have, I just copied all the Dan mixes I have into a folder and shared it: https://app.sugarsync.com/iris/wf/D7279007_4768505_6400117

It's still uploading though, so some things may not be available for a bit. Also, please ignore the naming convention (as there isn't one). I have such a mix of old OCR, VGMix, new OCR, etc. that it's all pretty much the filenames they were at the time I downloaded.

Awesome thanks for this. I grabbed a few from there and here are my observations:

1. Two versions of Wily 3 Impendium: just different bitrates (160 vs. 192), otherwise they sound identical to me / same length.

2. Two versions of Hard Man Hard Knuckles: same thing, 160 vs. 192

3. Two versions of Bubble Man Mix: These are the same remix, just different names & bitrates:

Bubble Man (wants to get) Funked Up OC ReMix @ 112kbps

Bubble Man (Disco Dan's Bubbly Bubbly Mix) @ 192kbps

I'm organizing these, dropping the lower-quality encodes and retagging/naming for consistency. Will upload them once I'm done, and hopefully we'll have the "ultimate" Disco Dan compendium!

Edited by Zen Frazier

OK here are the renamed, retagged, Disco Dan Redux sets I've put together, including album art (e.g., box art or title screens from the games)

Blaster Master - Disco Dan Redux (2003) - 5 tracks

Download: Blaster_Master_Disco_Dan_Redux.zip

Disco Dan - Blaster Master 01 - Prologue in A Minor

Disco Dan - Blaster Master 02 - Into the Blue

Disco Dan - Blaster Master 03 - Cruising the Dark Ages

Disco Dan - Blaster Master 04 - Direct Current Trance

Disco Dan - Blaster Master 05 - Swizzle Swamp

Mega Man Series - Disco Dan Redux (2002) - 15 Non-OCR Tracks

Download: Mega_Man_Series_Disco_Dan_Redux.zip

Disco Dan - Mega Man 2 'Bubble Man (wants to get) Funked Up' OC ReMix (192 kpbs)

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Blue Lightning' OC ReMix (2008 version)

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Dr Wily Stage 1 Into the Fray'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Dr Wily Stage 3 Impendium' (192 kbps)

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Game Over Blast From The Past Mix'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Gemini Man All Around The World'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Get Equipped With Strobe Light (v1)'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Get Equipped With Strobe Light (v2)'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Hard Man Hard Knuckles Mix' (192 kbps)

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Needle Man By Night'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Shadow Man Purple Meltdown Mix'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Spark Man Code Red'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Top Man Hot 'n' Cold Mix'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 6 'Knight Man Native Knight'

Disco Dan - Mega Man 'Ice Man Slippery When Mixing'

What's NOT in the Mega Man zip: any official OC ReMix, including:

Disco Dan - Mega Man 2 'Bubble Man (wants to get) Funked Up' OC ReMix

Disco Dan - Mega Man 2 'Rapid Fire' OC ReMix [Heat Man Theme]

Disco Dan - Mega Man 2 'Metal Man Goes Clubbing' OC ReMix

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Blue Lightning' OC ReMix

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Get Down' OC ReMix [snake Man Theme]

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Magnet Man Goes West' OC ReMix

Disco Dan - Mega Man 3 'Hot Pursuit in the Lost City of Wily' OC ReMix [Dr Wily Stage 2 Theme]

All told though, if you go with the "unofficial" higher-bitrate versions of OCR tracks and add in the remaining official OCR Tracks, you should end up with a Mega Man Series - Disco Dan Redux Playlist of 20 tracks total!

Edited by Zen Frazier

• 1 month later...
This is a great album, is there any track order? And does anyone know if he's done a Boss or Wily Boss theme?

Nothing official. This is how I order the Mega Man mixes, for what it's worth, with some tracks slightly renamed from the OCR official title (I like having the boss/level name at the front of the title).

01 Mega Man 3 'Blue Lightning' OC ReMix (2008 version)

02 Mega Man 3 'Snake Man Get Down' OC ReMix

03 Mega Man 3 'Magnet Man Goes West' OC ReMix

04 Mega Man 3 'Get Equipped With Strobe Light (v1)'

05 Mega Man 3 'Hard Man Hard Knuckles Mix'

06 Mega Man 3 'Gemini Man All Around The World'

07 Mega Man 3 'Needle Man By Night'

08 Mega Man 3 'Spark Man Code Red'

09 Mega Man 3 'Top Man Hot 'n' Cold Mix'

10 Mega Man 3 'Shadow Man Purple Meltdown Mix'

11 Mega Man 3 'Get Equipped With Strobe Light (v2)'

12 Mega Man 3 'Dr Wily Stage 1 Into the Fray'

13 Mega Man 3 'Dr Wily Stage 2 Hot Pursuit in the Lost City of Wily' OC ReMix

14 Mega Man 3 'Dr Wily Stage 3 Impendium'

15 Mega Man 3 'Boss Crap'

16 Mega Man 3 'Game Over Blast From The Past Mix'

17 Mega Man 2 'Bubble Man (wants to get) Funked Up' OC ReMix (192)

18 Mega Man 2 'Metal Man Goes Clubbing' OC ReMix

19 Mega Man 2 'Heat Man Rapid Fire' OC ReMix

20 Mega Man 'Ice Man Slippery When Mixing'

21 Mega Man 6 'Knight Man Native Knight'

Tracks highlighted in blue bold are the official OCR versions; the other tracks are unofficial and/or variations (including higher bitrate versions) which are in the zip file I linked above.

EDIT: Adding in the Boss Crap remix posted by Bundeslang just above (thanks for uploading that one!).

EDIT 2: Zip file updated to include Boss Crap!

Edited by Zen Frazier

• 3 weeks later...

I also adopted a similar set up;

02 Mega Man 3 'Magnet Man Goes West' OC ReMix

03 Mega Man 3 'Hard Man Hard Knuckles Mix'

04 Mega Man 3 'Top Man Hot 'n' Cold Mix'

05 Mega Man 3 'Shadow Man Purple Meltdown Mix'

06 Mega Man 3 'Get Equipped With Strobe Light (v1)'

07 Mega Man 3 'Spark Man Code Red'

08 Mega Man 3 'Snake Man Get Down' OC ReMix

09 Mega Man 3 'Gemini Man All Around The World'

10 Mega Man 3 'Needle Man By Night'

15 Mega Man 3 'Game Over Blast From The Past Mix'

I just cant figure out where to add the Boss Mix cuz it cant figure out which song is the source...sigh. I must be getting old. Anyways, do you know the source of the Boss Song?

I also adopted a similar set up;

02 Mega Man 3 'Magnet Man Goes West' OC ReMix

03 Mega Man 3 'Hard Man Hard Knuckles Mix'

04 Mega Man 3 'Top Man Hot 'n' Cold Mix'

05 Mega Man 3 'Shadow Man Purple Meltdown Mix'

06 Mega Man 3 'Get Equipped With Strobe Light (v1)'

07 Mega Man 3 'Spark Man Code Red'

08 Mega Man 3 'Snake Man Get Down' OC ReMix

09 Mega Man 3 'Gemini Man All Around The World'

10 Mega Man 3 'Needle Man By Night'

15 Mega Man 3 'Game Over Blast From The Past Mix'

I just cant figure out where to add the Boss Mix cuz it cant figure out which song is the source...sigh. I must be getting old. Anyways, do you know the source of the Boss Song?

The source is the boss battle. After each level (Snake, Spark, Gemini, Needle, Shadow, Hard, Top, Magnet) there's a battle with the miniboss. The source of this battle is the source of the Boss Crap song.

I think it's the best to add it after the Needle Man stage and before Get Equipped With Strobe Light.

The only MM3 song Disco Dan didn't remix so far (as I know) is the final boss battle song.

The source is the boss battle. After each level (Snake, Spark, Gemini, Needle, Shadow, Hard, Top, Magnet) there's a battle with the miniboss. The source of this battle is the source of the Boss Crap song.

I think it's the best to add it after the Needle Man stage and before Get Equipped With Strobe Light.

The only MM3 song Disco Dan didn't remix so far (as I know) is the final boss battle song.

Yeah my own playlist was somewhat arbitrary/just one suggestion. I just generally followed a "beginning to end" flow: Intro - Stages - End Music, with other stuff sprinkled in between. Bundelslang's suggestion for where to put Boss Crap in your playlist probably makes more sense.

Dont forget the ending songs.

• 4 months later...
Trying to complete my Disco Dan collection. Thanks everyone for posting various mixes and things, I didn't realize I had missed so much Mega Man. It's like discovery a trove of never-before-heard mixes for one of your favorite artists!

Unfortunately, Kadanos' mediafire link is dead - does anybody still have and/or could post up the following?

• Hard Knuckles remixes (both - first mix and final 2008)
  • Wily 3 impendium (both versions - are these different? I have only 1)
  • Into the Fray

Also, is the first Hard Knuckles mix "incomplete"? The version I grabbed from this thread is 3:06 long and just ends abruptly. Wasn't sure if incomplete or file corrupt.

Hey. Haven’t been here for several years, haha. Those files are still up, but Mediafire changed something so username links don’t work anymore. http://www.mediafire.com/folder/s9x1lcdnghbbt/Disco_Dan_Mega_Man_3

This includes a 2008 version (8:51) of Blue Lightning that is different from (and imho superior to) the other 2008 version (8:45) that you included in your upload. Probably the same Xenon Odyssey posted as both have 192 kbit/s.

Edited by Kadano