PRC152 - Changing a source into a Remix (Hocus Pocus)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 152

PRCv6-52

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

It's results time.

Smobaderby did a crazy chiptune mix, but it's not popular enough to not win the last place wooden spoon with 5 points.

NintenJoe64, the second form of Jabond23 got the big first place vote from last rounds winner Setokaibarocket, but his 9 points are only worth a second place.

And Joystick wins PRC152 with 10 points!

Joystick, you may select the next source for PRC153. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, September 11th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

We're almost approaching the end of the sixth year, time really goes fast. It's time for the 22nd edition of this year. This round will be regular again, what means a remix stage from a little over a week, a voting stage from two days and the next round starting two weeks after the start from this round.

In the last round, Setokaibarocket, Chickenwarlord and DjMokram entered a song. 6 Voters decided that Setokaibarocket was the winner of the San Francisco Remix Round.

Setokaibarocket was quick with submitting the source, which gave me some time to prepare this round. He picked no Fire Emblem (like he used to do when he won his first two or three PRC's), but something different.

Heya, here's my source for the next PRC.

I chose a source from an old-school DOS game again this time, although this time it's a platformer rather than an RPG. I remember playing this on the Windows 95/98 or whatever PC I had back when I was younger, hehe.

PRC152.jpg

Hocus Pocus (PC) - Title Theme

MIDI

ThaSauce link

This game isn't very remix-popular, it hasn't any Ocremixes and it hasn't a PRC history as well. This round will do something against that (at least for the second thing).

When you google Hocus Pocus you don't get this game for sure (more wizard things etc.), but there really is a Video Game called so (and of course, it's about a young magician).

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY September 6th at 11:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Here's the voting stage

In a 'normal PRC round', three entries appeared. Two of them are from the same remixer, it is allowed by the rules, so I'm not taking action against it. I don't know the exact rules about voting in this situation, I think it's the most fair if you don't vote, but of course you are free to leave a comment about Joysticks song. I know it's weird the rules say you may upload more than one and ThaSauce won't let you, what you did is just the right thing.

It's time to vote. Joystick is free to claim his bonus, he only may submit his top two. The winner from the last PRC, Setokaibarocket, has a vote that counts twice.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third. (only first and second for Joystick, Jabond23 can vote, but all the songs will get three points in that case)

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, September 9th at 11:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC153 which is going to start Friday.

The songs:

NintenJoe64 - Alakazaam

Joystick - The Hocus Pocus String Quartet

Smobaderby - The Wizard's Trusty Chiptune

EDIT: The last song seems to be corrupted, but if you right click and save as in the above link, it should work.

Yeah. I guess if there were 3 or more remixes, it would've been different, but that's ok. Also, the 3rd track does work if you save it first.

It seems to work now.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm going to do if the case happends that both your songs tie (or even all three songs ends equal). I'll decide that later, maybe you are allowed to pick two sources then.

It's results time.

In this round, I didn't need to extend the deadline. Three songs where up, two of them are from the same remixer (Jabond23), it's a while ago it happened before, it was Avaris who did that in round 80 (Zelda Minish Woods). Joystick completed the participants list.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 3

Maximum Score - 12

Minimum Score - 4

Smobaderby did a crazy chiptune mix, but it's not popular enough to not win the last place wooden spoon with 5 points.

NintenJoe64, the second form of Jabond23 got the big first place vote from last rounds winner Setokaibarocket, but his 9 points are only worth a second place.

And Joystick wins PRC152 with 10 points!

Congratulations Joystick, your song was given the most points. It's your second PRC victory after the tie from PRC149. Jabond23 ends at 2 and 3, maybe you could better have used Jabond12 as username.

Joystick, you may select the next source for PRC153. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, September 11th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

See you all next Friday.