was bizzare feeling.. just thought i'd record that here in the message

for the hell of it.

Anyway like I was saying, once it finally comes together in the last

50 or so seconds it's a nice little rocking tune. A shame we couldn't have

that magic the entire way though, but once it comes together it's worth

the wait. Maybe not the most impressive thing i've ever heard, but

definatly better than some of the stuff we've been asked to review for

submission.

Well, I must say that when I seen DJ Jake branded on this piece I was expecting as good or better than the last DJ Jake piece. But so far (1:30) it has failed to really make me smile the same. It is pretty good, and this music box part it just hit is really cool, I like it a bunch. But now the bass thingy and the horn samples are back, those are pretty nasty (the horns, the bass is pre'good).

Oh sweet griblopf, this part at the 3 minute mark is rather amazing, I'm gonna have to give a definite Yes for this mix now. 68030 was right about the wait being worth it.

Anyway like I was saying, once it finally comes together in the last

50 or so seconds it's a nice little rocking tune. A shame we couldn't have

that magic the entire way though, but once it comes together it's worth

the wait.

Seeing as rob1 seconded that, I'm gonna have to third it. The last 55 seconds of "It's Knighttime" practically turns into a whole new song and it is pretty sweet (except for that string sample :P)

I agree that the last part is the best. The rest sounds, I dunno, empty. Not sure if that was the intention.
I dunno... something about this mix really doesn't sound right. The horns, for one, are possibly the worst brass sample's I've heard. And though I don't think that's enough to kill the song on its own, the execution of the peice as a whole isn't quite there.

I'm gonna be the third one to say it.

I dunno.

It does sound empty. Maybe some delay effects on the instruments or a little ambience/reverb to fill the void mighta helped. I do like that guitar that keeps popping in and out occasionally. Yeah, those horn samples are terribly bland. I'm not too crazy about the synth that first shows up around 1:17 either, although I do like that music box thingy.

It's almost like every snyth in this mix, from the drums to the horns, to the hihat, is very very flat sounding. Like that half 20oz. of Sprite you left sitting in your car last Monday. You know it has the potential to satisfy your thirst, but it's just too damn flat and bland and :P

Joe brings up an excellent point concerning whether or not DJ Jake intend it to sound like that for the first 3 minutes. It's quite clear from the last 55 seconds, that the gentleman knows how to fill up the silence.

Hmmmmm.... I'm gonna half to go with a "no" on this one. I can't say "yes" in good conscience.

What's wrong with all y'all? (sorry, americanism!)

I really got into this. I like the way the bottom end has been mixed, and it has atmosphere - there is something sinister going on. It might sound empty, but I think it works, and was very deliberate. To me, it had a very strong rhythm.

The brass part is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be from the judgement I have already read. Maybe it could have done with a bit of reverb, just a touch of chourus or something.

I give this a yes, and I rebuke the rest of you!

well I got logged out for some reason so this is going to be the brief retype since none of what I typed was saved.

I say yes:

Solid mix. He knows what he's doing and he shows us that in the end part. The beginning 3 minutes is kind of empty but not like half-assed midi-style empty. More like rap without a rapper, empty. Like the Dr. Dre 2001 instrumental album. Anyway, all around a good solid mix with something to offer for those who like the music and remember the game. My only gripe: Too little evidence of a chord progression. most of the "harmonies" used in this mix are unisons or octaves. Not much that implies a chord progression or even a current chord. But this is minor because the whole thing is solidly built besides that. Anyway, my vote is yes. yay.

DC