A Non-Denominational Holiday Meal Special Featuring the Good Ole OCR Boys

Level 99

Quoth the Brushfire "Let us gather and share Tacos on this day" and behold, it came to be:

Microsoft Presents a Mountain Dew Non-Denominational Holiday Meal Special Featuring the Good Ole OCR Boys

Day: Friday, December 25th

Place: Brushfire's lair of tacos and love (hidden in the depths of Fort Meade, MD)

Time: Taco-time (early evening til whenever, let's say around 4 PM)

Why am I reading this?:

Well, with all this holiday cheer and whatnot, there are those who will not have the chance or ability to celebrate certain holiday days/nights/whatever with their families. AeroZ will be making his second trip to the US ever this year for MAGFest, and is coming before Christmas and stay til mid-Jan. I never really celebrate holidays anymore, but I'm sure a reason to celebrate would be him being here and all of us getting together for some food and fun-times. Brushfire is hosting AeroZ until MAG and I figured we could all have a non-denominational holiday get-together. Avaris is also interested in joining in, so we now want to see if anyone else wants to join in.

Current list of attendees:

Brushfire (Host)

Level 99

AeroZ

Kizyr

Bahamut (tentative)

If you can, bring a dish, holiday-related or not. If you're interested in coming and have specific food requests due to dietary restrictions (Vegetarian/Vegan/etc.), please send me a PM.

I wish you all an advanced-happy-holidays!

Let's make it after the 25h - I'll be spending time with the family on Christmas day and the night before. :P

I'd really like to make it to this, though. Probably not, but anything's possible.

...the whole point is that it's on Christmas.

It's mainly for those of us who don't have family who live near us or for those that do not celebrate Christmas.

Kizyr - added. Luke - sorry you wont be able to join us, but hey, we still have TAUCERFest. Wes - I'd offer but I'm already straining my housemates as-is with hosting Sebastian from the 4th through the 12th of January. I hope someone else can, though, so I put you as tentative.

Shaun's right though: if we can, we should have this ON Christmas. We shall see what Sir Brushfire has to say.

I think he's checking his financial situation as well as what his roomie or brother or whomever his other person is wants to do. Other than that, this seems like a nice amount of people. Wont have too big of a round robin for any game tournaments, heh. So did we decide on Friday the 25th then, or are we gonna do Thursday the 24th?

Maryland is the centre of the OCR Universe.

It's also too far away from me to be convenient to attend any of these.

Just the way the cards fell out this lifetime...it's a shame Maryland can't just become OCR Island, FreecountryUSA. But hey, one day you SHOULD head out here, even if it's inconvenient. I think we're worth it :puppyeyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, I just spent two hours last night (well, more like 12:30am~2:30am in the morning) shoveling snow around my car just to get out. I'm gonna be pissed if there's another snowstorm that blocks me in again...

Oh yeah, and if I'm snowed in and can't make it up to MD, I pretty much got nothin' to do that weekend... Yeah, let's hope for good weather. KF

Ok so the forecasts are saying a chance of freezing rain for some of Friday, but no snow and the temperature won't drop below freezing, so it should be ok (I can deal with rain, even freezing).

So, is everything still on?

Also, I'm fine with the highways/interstates in bad weather. But if Brushfire's place is like at the top of a hill, there might be some difficulties. Should I wear my Ice Climbers costume there? KF

LOL bring ice-climbers wear if you want. He's on a military base so I'm sure it'll be well-ready for the ice if it happens.

We're still on for tomorrow, set it a little earlier to compensate for traffic (around 4 PM instead of 5). This'll be nice and small, then. I'll see you folks tomorrow.

Drive safely. Kizyr, check your PMs in a bit, it'll give you more specific directions for getting to brushfire's place. Make sure you had ID on you!