*NO* Metroid Prime 'The Hunter Clad in Metal'

djpretzel

That continuo synth sounds really cool, but needs to be less verby; it's filling up a bit. Also, drums sound a bit loopy, but they've got some nice retriggering, and the loops change up a lot.

Nice coverage of the menu theme, pretty groovy beats, and interesting sounds. Nice arrangement too.

Not the best thing since sliced bread (but hey; What is?), but I think we can give this one a ?.

*changing my vote*

Okay, upon further reviewal, I'm going to change my vote; I can see what Vig and Gray are saying about the lack of low end now that I listen to it a few more times. I still think that the whole song could be a bit less verby too.

NO, but I did like it; fix up some stuff and resubmit.

ah this is so annoying!

the melody is a third down from where it should be. it sounds terrible. the harmony is right, the melody is right, but they ARENT IN THE SAME KEY. did you not hear this?

aside from that, this is quite empty sounding, you forgot to add a bass (which seems to be most popular "OOPS" of the day) the guitar at 2:10 comes in way out of tune.

this remix is way too thin. maybe if you fold it in half, it will....bah nevermind.

NO

Hmmm, said Wingless...

I think I'll side with the Prince of Persia (Darkesword) on this one. It's more interesting than annoying or woefully incompetant. And, as you can well imagine, the latter two are what we, as artists, strive to avoid.

But that intro main-synth is timed so awkwardly, that it really set a bad precident for the piece, which in and of itself, is something of a wide and long improvization of the title theme. So, in a sense, Vigi is right. It's kinda hollow. But I for one don't think it's TOO hollow.

There are some things with which I find fault with. But, in the end, I believe it's worth my vote.

YES

where's the beef? and by beef i mean bass.

it starts out cool, nice synth rhythm, then we get one of those cool recycle loops that make anything sound better.. then later we get a big osc sync lead.. then later a saw lead.. those never get old.

there's some balancing issues here and there, the sounds are nice but they don't seem to complement each other very well.

this fits somewhere in that big 'resubmit' category

no