Need recommendations for remixing mainstream rock tracks.

Meteo Xavier

I might have a gig doing this in a few months - I got a contact from a band with not small a following or tiny a prestige looking for remix work.

While this provides an astounding level of opportunity I didn't think I really deserved at this point, it also provides a heavy obstacle. I don't think I've ever heard a remix of alternative rock music (and I don't mean covers, I mean a full-on remix) and I'm pretty sure its not the same thing as an Ocremix, so I'm just looking for a proper frame of reference here.

I don't want to give too much away at this point because it might not happen (I might have to recommend some of our heavy hitters here because I more than likely do not have the equipment or skill to be able to do this) - they sound kind of like a cross between The Ataris and Muse or Arcade Fire or something. Kinda artsier, mainstream radio-ready music.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out here - like youtube links to songs like that or your own examples or something.

A couple of examples I know:

Original:

Remix:

Original:

Remix:

Slightly less extreme

Original:

Remix:

Both were drum and bass to begin with but its still kinda cool

Original:

Remix:

Some other relevant tracks:

SebastiAn - Dog (

)

Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy [Pappy Mix] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Az_7U0-cK0)

Radiohead - Nude [Holy F**k Remix] (

)

Personally, I'm a big fan of remixes that just take the vocals and make an entirely new song out of it (which is what most remixes of popular songs do).

That's what I'm looking to do if it works out, but I've never worked with vocals or vocal splicing before. Depending, I might need to hire a vocalist - but I have to wait and hear back from them first.