After Burner

KyleJCrb

The original and sequel have the same soundtrack.

Same basic songs (though ABII has "City 202" which AB doesn't), but the songs are quite different sounding for the most part...

"After Burner"- sounds almost barren compared to the ABII version

"Super Stripe"- a bit closer, but not as full sounding due to one instrument being VERY quiet and another being gone.

"Red Out"- sounds very similar

"Final Take Off"- emptier sounding due to one instrument being very quiet

"Maximum Power"- much the same as "After Burner"... rather barren in comparison

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I should have been more specific and said youtube. I wasn't trying to one-up or downplay your contribution (or knowledge, for that matter), Coop. Those oggs are the best thing going; compare with Galbadia's rips if you want a laugh.

I simply support aerial rocking.

• 5 months later...
So DjMystix's Lady in Black remix was accepted, which is awesome, but it sounds like it's going to be posted as a Bayonetta remix according to Larry. So through sheer technicality, OCR STILL isn't going to have After Burner on the game list. SO CLOSE. :(

Thanks!

It was my fault. I asked them to decide for themselves which game they want to accept it for. The problem was, the remix (including the title) was written with Bayonetta in mind whereas the source tune is totally from After Burner. So a little bit of injustice done to the original track.

But then again, the judges review thread says "Bayonetta & After Burner". Not sure what they are going to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I have CD rips from my saturn copy of After Burner 2, which contains the AB1 soundtrack, the AB2 soundtrack, and the "With Melody" versions of the AB2 soundtrack (which is really only significant for final takeoff and after burner, but all the tracks sound like they have extra instruments added)...

If anyone's interested...