OCR01956 - Wild Arms "A Ring and a Promise"

djpretzel

• 5 months later...

i think a few months ago, i was working late into the night and tuned into the ocr stream on rainwave (is it?) and heard this, DLed it, and threw it on my mp3 player.

for some reason i forgot about it completely until today when i was driving to a meeting and it just blew me away, and i've been listening to it non-stop since then. easily the best piece of music i've heard in many, many months. i listen to it and feel like im in another world or something. cliche perhaps but they exist for a reason; its just this song resonates w/me in a way i cant seem to put into words well enough. the vocals are beautiful too, gorgeous. i'm absolutely in love with this song. continue to do what you do bLiNd, its phenomenal.

• 4 months later...

at least the lyrics are posted, cause there are some I chronically mishear every time....

for example... I hear her sing "searching for... a life that will bring you more... misery... is what your heart seems to need" - instead of mystery!

and "silence is a moment when your heart breaks" ..instead of lives.

oh well, its a lovely track either way, have always enjoyed it!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Having never played Wild Arms (heresy I know, I'll show myself out), everything on OCR from Wild Arms is brand new to me. Blind kills it every time, but this one might be my favorite of his. Gorgeous vocals by Ashleigh, strings and soft synths make the first half an easy ride then BAM, the synth chords at 4:20..man. I've replayed that part so many times I've lost count. Then bringing them back at 6:33 is perfect.

I also have a thing for trance when it's in the key of G for some reason. It's always relaxing and energetic at the same time.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01956 - Wild Arms "A Ring and a Promise"