OCR01960 - OutRun "Shiny New Ferrari"

djpretzel

Yeeeaaah. This is how you mix an OutRun song. You take everything Sega composers have ever done, mush it all up into a big snowball of 1990s Genesis homages, and throw it back even harder. This is all sorts of brilliance. And I mean that, it's all over the place but awesome throughout. Synchronicity is strangely inconsistent, I noticed... but other than that... I am wowed.

Variety is this mix's major plus, but others include creativity, guitar work, arrangement that fittingly exceeds what I deem necessary for high marks, and of course, there's even a bitching organ rocking throughout. It tells a great, contained story as well, and I don't know if I was ever IMMERSED in it, but it definitely doesn't hurt the mix either.

This is the definitive version of this song. I'm so glad it was posted.

• 1 year later...

I really like the shifting radio intro, and this has fantastic guitar playing. Love the ska bit, which is always welcomed and yes, that groovy keyboarding was awesome. Gotta love that dirty little Punk sound coming out of this Outrun tune. I liked the ending, but damn, poor Ferrari.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01960 - OutRun "Shiny New Ferrari"
  • 1 year later...

It's a shame that googling 'Luiza Carvalho' gets you some random Hispana hottie - this L. Carvalho deserves to be known based on the sheer aeweomseness of her guitary-goodness. It doesn't seem like L.C. makes much waves on the ocremix/game scene anymore, but I always loved her stuff. Formative for my mindset, now like a decade and a half past!