Hosting recommendations

Maco70

I was going to post this in H&N, but I figured that if there was a problem it would be moved.

I currently am using godaddy to host my site. It was required that I used this host for the class I was taking, but I am now seeking a different host.

Any recommendations?

It's just some art stuff for now. I plan on expanding, but nothing really huge. I have not had any time to really tinker with it, and now that I do I'll likely wait until I have dreamweaver available to me again.

Link in my signature.

Any personal experience with free hosting?

I host my home-made blog for free with byethost. Lots of features (ftp, php, mysql), lenient limits (i've never even gotten close to exceeding my quotas), and the only somewhat annoying restriction they have is that you have to have 5 unique visitors to the site per month, or they send you an email saying that you have to click a link or they'll deactivate your site (however this is a moot issue for me because my blog uses RSS feeds, and I have a few family members who have feed checkers, which insures that I get enough visits per month, even if I haven't updated my blog in months. Also, another con I can think of (that they don't advertise anywhere) is that while they do not restrict file types of uploaded stuff, they do not allow uploads of >10MB.

It's just some art stuff for now. I plan on expanding, but nothing really huge. I have not had any time to really tinker with it, and now that I do I'll likely wait until I have dreamweaver available to me again.

Link in my signature.

Any personal experience with free hosting?

Why don't you just do a DeviantArt or a Wordpress page?