Lost or Deleted Save File stories

The Biznut

My first stories were of deleted files, but I have had pretty good luck with lost files. Only one I can remember was Suikoden II. I was at the final boss sequence and couldn't seem to beat it. It was a month later I think, the save file was lost on the card.

It might have just saved me a lot of frustration, I am not sure it was possible to beat the bosses without doing a lot of leveling up, and I might have saved at a point where I couldn't go back to do that.

My sister deleted my 120 hour FFX save once. Made me so mad, I punched her in the face.

Then I ditched my prom date (because real gamers don't have girlfriends) and started to rebuild.

Where's your marriage certificate with da fingah?

I've been pretty lucky with my save files. My dad started a new game in Mario Party, but he ended up getting me past a game I was stuck on, so I guess it worked out.

My Paper Mario cartridge mysteriously ate one of my files. This file was my baby. It was the first one I ever played and finished. I'd play it every time I wanted to see the ending and all that jazz. Well, last summer, I turn my N64 on one day to see "NEW" in its place.

No. No no no no. Dear god no.

I reset it.

"NEW"

What was bizarre is that it was the only file that was gone. The other three were just fine.

Oh yeah. My first PS2 memory card pooted out on me after I finished Silent Hill 2. My PS1 memory card has never worked and as a result, I had to marathon Silent Hill. Certainly added to the experience.

Final Fantasy VIII... I was on Disc 4, ready to find and face the last boss. My PSX memory card died, and corrupted the save of it. One day I will finish the game. So far, FFVII and FFX are the only two FF games I've finished. FFVII twice.