How are those save batteries doing?

and a Dragon Warrior that I bought used last year.

That reminds me of something really weird that happened a few years ago. I started a new Dragon Warrior game, and instead of doing the standard new-game thing, I started with the princess in my arms (as if I had just rescued her), at critical HP, and knowing the Cure spell (but still at level 1). And then had to start the game from there.

I don't think it had anything to do with the battery (which still works fine, saved games stay saved and all), BUT I FELT LIKE MENTIONING IT ANYWAY WHATCHA GONNA DO ABOUT IT HUH?

I haven't tried any of my old games in a long time. I remember checking out my Pokemon Silver cart a couple years ago; the clock was shot, but the data was still there. I don't think I tried saving the game again, though. I haven't checked any of my Gen. I carts (2 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Yellow) in probably over 5 years, though.

My copy of Kirby Super Star probably came with a bad battery or something; it constantly erased my files at random from the day I got it back in 1996 or whenever.

Maybe one day, Nintendo will offer DSi downloads of old GameBoy games, like how the Wii has all those retro games.

I do wish they had put that GBA Mega Man collection out, though. Having all five in one cart with better graphics and sounds would have been great.

I'm hoping for that too. But I think the reason why it hasn't been done yet is the same reason the GBA Mega Man collection never came out. The code for most GB games were simply not kept around. Although I'm pretty sure GBA downloads are pretty possible.

I'm hoping for that too. But I think the reason why it hasn't been done yet is the same reason the GBA Mega Man collection never came out. The code for most GB games were simply not kept around. Although I'm pretty sure GBA downloads are pretty possible.

That's odd, because I have all five games and there are all those ROMs floating around... is it that hard to take the actual game and redo it?

Or how about just remaking them from scratch with new graphics and sprites, like they did with just about anything the GBA did (Mario Advance series, Zelda, a few others I could name, but won't, because the list would be quite long).

I think they cited money reasons, but I have to think that was bullshit, and instead wanted people to buy the newer Mega Man games that were out at the time.

For my NES games, Zelda and both StarTropics games still work. My copy of WarioWare Inc's battery, however, died out long ago. Someday I'll get around to figuring out how to replace it.

I have a question: why is it that battery pack NES carts ask me to hold reset as I power off the console? Can I do any real harm to a game if I just power it off without pressing reset first?