*NO* Final Fantasy 6 'Little Painter Girl'

djpretzel

Problems elsewhere (drums) but excellent work with the syncopation in places - djp

Hi,

Two Submissions:

Remix Name: Little Painter Girl

Remix of: Relm's Theme

Game: Final Fantasy 6

Available at:

Remix Name: Half Missing

Remix of: Terra's Theme / Haunted Forest

Game: Final Fantasy 6

Available at:

From Remixer: Adam Dachis

E-mail: amd@quon.net

Also, I submitted a remix a little while ago (Vermilion) and I made some changes to it so you probably haven't listened to it yet but in case you have the new version is at the same URL.

Thanks!

Adam

I love Relm's theme. Don't mess it up. ^_^

Okay. The drum track sounds really extraneous. There are some nice change-ups, but it gets a bit repetitive.

Sounds to me that the piano is just too loud too, compared to the drum track so there's a balace issue. Sounds like the drummer is sitting WAAAAAY in the back of a big room, and the piano is right up near the door, and we're standing in the doorway.

The piano is pretty nice though.

I'm going to say NO on this one, but please consider fixing up the piece. Maybe eliminating the drum track altogether would help?

The drums are akward in general. i'd say get rid of them, then the piece would at least make sense.

apart from that, around the 1 minute mark there are some serious harmonic and rhythmical flubbs in the piano part.

the mix is too sparse. drop the drums, add something else, and add a few more minutes.

NO