Cave Story - Geothermal

The Columind

As I've been waiting for a remix of this tune, I must say, I really like it once the music starts.

Unsure what the opening robotic voice says at the start...

It was meant to sort of be a slight cinematic recreation before entering the core, "Open Shutter?" etc. The lines are direct readings of the computer text given, which is why for some moment of time I was looking if someone would drop a line for Curly. Never found anyone though.

Thanks however!

Fantastic remix

The atmospheric beginning is great, and until the main melody starts it reminds me a lot of Metroid Prime.

Also I gathered it as

Abormality detected in shutter number 4

*pew pew polar star*

Lower Lift

Lowering Lift

Lift Lowered

if anyone else cared :tomatoface:

I've never played the game, or heard any of it's music. But I have to say that I like this. The only thing I would say I didn't like was the organ that comes in around 4:16. I felt like it didn't really blend that well with the rest of your instrumentation. But other than that one little bit, this remix is solid. Good work man.

Dash, you are aware that Cave Story is freeware, and it's one of the best games out there, right?

You have no excuse for not playing the game, now. Go download and play it.

As for the remix, it sounds like some of the sounds clip (drums clip the texture, the chippy organ thing clips everything, etc.), but it's a nice, moody song. It's got neat groove to it that you simply can't ignore. I'm not sure if the clipping is a result of Youtube's terrible quality reduction, but it's certainly there, so if you could fix that this song would end up being a nice little addition to my personal collection. I like groovy chippy music. Did I mention that it's groovy?

Groooovy.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys!

I've never played the game, or heard any of it's music. But I have to say that I like this. The only thing I would say I didn't like was the organ that comes in around 4:16. I felt like it didn't really blend that well with the rest of your instrumentation. But other than that one little bit, this remix is solid. Good work man.

Ahh well as Gario said, you should! Its a fantastic game and its freeware at that.

The organ, I didnt really care for that one as much when I added it but now that you mention it I have to agree that it does feel slightly out of place when you say it compared to most of everything else in the song.

As for the remix, it sounds like some of the sounds clip (drums clip the texture, the chippy organ thing clips everything, etc.), but it's a nice, moody song. It's got neat groove to it that you simply can't ignore. I'm not sure if the clipping is a result of Youtube's terrible quality reduction, but it's certainly there, so if you could fix that this song would end up being a nice little addition to my personal collection. I like groovy chippy music. Did I mention that it's groovy?

Haha, thanks much. The clipping, it could be YouTube. I didnt bother checking on there but I listened to it recently in my iPod and the bitrate was pretty damn high when I initially exported the song. I didnt notice that a much there.

Here's the download if anyone wants it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HXENI5Z8