Let's Speedrun - Donkey Kong Country 2

whilst

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about starting up the speedrun competition that unmod had going on probably in 2006 or so again. This feels like a good place to interest mill, it being a speedrun thread and all.

Basically the idea is it's a simple weekly pissing contest, we start off with a game, DKC for instance, and we just run the game, cart or emulator doesn't really matter, I just ask that nobody would play through tool assisted cause that's just stupid. The thread will limit every player to 3 practice runs and a legit timer run, and we'll just use the trust system to post results. The winner of each week gets to pick the next game, but they can't compete in the game that they select, they can however post their record time for bragging rights.

So yeah the easiest way to circumvent cheating is to have no real reward other than picking the next week's game that you can't even compete in. Rules for game selection are fairly simple, something no longer than an hour or two tops, and not too hard or terrible.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

I was thinking about starting up the speedrun competition that unmod had going on probably in 2006 or so again. This feels like a good place to interest mill, it being a speedrun thread and all.

Basically the idea is it's a simple weekly pissing contest, we start off with a game, DKC for instance, and we just run the game, cart or emulator doesn't really matter, I just ask that nobody would play through tool assisted cause that's just stupid. The thread will limit every player to 3 practice runs and a legit timer run, and we'll just use the trust system to post results. The winner of each week gets to pick the next game, but they can't compete in the game that they select, they can however post their record time for bragging rights.

So yeah the easiest way to circumvent cheating is to have no real reward other than picking the next week's game that you can't even compete in. Rules for game selection are fairly simple, something no longer than an hour or two tops, and not too hard or terrible.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

I love the idea, and that "reward/stop people from lying" idea is pretty cool too. So if it happens, I'm in (if I have the game we start on, that is.)