OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Lulz. :D

And those hat tips are good advice in general, but the caveat is that I'm not necessarily looking for any hat in particular, just hats in general. Hell, I'd probably be perfectly satisfied with most of the dubiously-titled "crap" hats (so long as they aren't more hatless, anyway). I've used a trading server before to get my Demopan, but I'm not sure how effective it would be to waltz into one and yell, "ANY HATZ 4 2 REFINED?" But who knows, maybe it'd work.

I'm not sure how effective it would be to waltz into one and yell, "ANY HATZ 4 2 REFINED?" But who knows, maybe it'd work.

That'd probably work just fine, even typed that way :lol: . I've spent a bunch of time on trading servers and I see people trading a refined for non V hats fairly often. If you're patient you can often turn nothing into something as well, if someone is looking for a weapon you have a dupe of, offer to trade for a scrap or 2 random, it's a small gain but it's a gain. Sometimes people have given me 2 vintage weps (possibly by accident, but I'm not asking or telling) for like, a non-V Eyelander, so sometimes you can really turn a profit.

Random Hat wise, I've only gotten 2 in 532 hours played (once of which was yesterday randomly enough, the other was at like, 100 something hours), but thankfully, ever since trading came in, I've long since stopped caring about random hats, hell I have a bunch of hats now that I don't even know what to do with along with having a unique hat for each class. Roommate has gotten 2 random hats in 82 hours so... yeah, it's random, surprise surprise.

Its really fun watching a video with yourself in it. It's like seeing a movie from another perspective where characters you saw earlier (I.E. Pulp Fiction) show up and walk by doing what they did before, and you can go, "Oh, I remember that."

Also this spy keeps trying to stab me, misses, and I run away obliviously.

I'm not sure I would want to be included in one of your videos, what with most everyone being a victim and such.

Not that I wouldn't be pleasantly surprised if I showed up to get backstabbed once or twice, but still, amusing to think about.

Speaking of the videos, do you record the demos and then re-watch and publish from there? Or do you capture directly with Fraps or some such?

If you record demos, I would recommend putting voice_loopback to 1 so it records what you say as well. If you want it recorded, that is.

PS: TF2 updated at around 7:45 EST, servers are outdated :(

PPS: Damn Powerlord is fast. Obsoleted my edit after less than 10 minutes.

A required update for Team Fortress 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

- Updated honor-bound weapons so they can be holstered within a second of touching a supply cabinet.

- Updated the Blighted Beak with creator submitted fixes.

---- Fixed a clipping problem.

---- Made it paintable.

- Updated the Hero's Hachimaki to be tradeable.

Servers have been updated and restarted.

Ooh, what color should I paint my Blighted Beak now? I know! Pink As Hell! :D

So what's the process for getting a reserved slot again? Seems like the server's always either completely empty or totally full, and having to wait five minutes to get in is a bummer.

It's covered WAY back in the first post of this topic.

Basically, it involves selling your soul to FireSlash. Or sending him $2 or more a month to cover server hosting costs.

On another topic, in recent weeks I've added a few new maps to the nominate list. They are:

• pl_cashworks_rc2 (Requested by Bahamut)
  • cp_redfort_b5 (a Medieval map)
  • koth_aperture_science_iiia (Portal map)

It's covered WAY back in the first post of this topic.

Basically, it involves selling your soul to FireSlash. Or sending him $2 or more a month to cover server hosting costs.

On another topic, in recent weeks I've added a few new maps to the nominate list. They are:

• pl_cashworks_rc2 (Requested by Bahamut)
  • cp_redfort_b5 (a Medieval map)
  • koth_aperture_science_iiia (Portal map)

koth_aperture_science? I definitely want to try that one out.

TF2 BETA has also been updated with some new balance changes.

Specifically:

• Sun-on-a-Stick base damage lowered slightly but guarantees crits against burning players instead of minicrits
  • Fan O’ War - Marking someone for death now lasts 15 seconds (from 10 seconds)
  • Concheror damage-to-health conversion increased to 35% (from 20%)

They also fixed Shogun items causing client crashes and having missing models... which was exclusive to BETA because they forgot to sync the models when they synced BETA with the Shogun update.

There's an interesting bit on the Steam forums about a guy who visited Valve and interviewed Robin Walker.

The interesting parts are:

• Meet the Medic is nearly complete.
  • There's a new map named pl_barnblitz coming soon... pictures of it were used in the Steam Screenshots press release.
  • Source Film Maker will be released soon.
  • It sounds like there may be more Medic weaponry coming soon.
  • Portal 2 is great. :P

Meet the Medic is almost complete

Meet the...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHH

*Deep in the dark canals of my twisted mind, horrors lurk. Monsters thrash and kill, drinking the blood of one another in endless carnage, in the hopes of ending the dread. Among all this terror, a single light begins to shine faintly.*

Meet the...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHH

*Deep in the dark canals of my twisted mind, horrors lurk. Monsters thrash and kill, drinking the blood of one another in endless carnage, in the hopes of ending the dread. Among all this terror, a single light begins to shine faintly.*

I think the medic is supposed to be a psychotic, sadistic doctor who likes 'experimenting' more than healing. If I read the bio on him correctly, anyway.

Unless you meant a pilot light for a flamethrower, that is. The Pyro is pretty much a righteous paladin, defending from evil with his holy flame.

There's an interesting bit on the Steam forums about a guy who visited Valve and interviewed Robin Walker.

The interesting parts are:

• Meet the Medic is nearly complete.
  • There's a new map named pl_barnblitz coming soon... pictures of it were used in the Steam Screenshots press release.
  • Source Film Maker will be released soon.
  • It sounds like there may be more Medic weaponry coming soon.
  • Portal 2 is great. :P

SQUEE!

pl_barnyard blitz is actually old news. Someone found a bunch of beta versions (like, 26 or so) on one of the Valve servers' map list. Looking forward to Meet the Medic for obvious reasons.